Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!

Katie is calling October hug-a-carb month, so here is my contribution. I couldn’t seem to keep my eyes open when the flash went off (I looked like this for about 3 pictures)…

Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!

So I forced them open! Bobby calls this “constipated Maggie”.

Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!

He’s no better. He can’t get his head out of the rice!

Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!

Ahh, there he is.

Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!

So my favorite carbs are clearly squash (pumpkin in particular, and kabocha more specifically) and rice cooker oatmeal. Bobby’s favorite carb is rice.

What’s your favorite carb?

22 Comments on Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!

1. homecookedem
    7 October, 2009 at 5:21 pm (5 years ago)

Hug a carb?! That is so cute! I’d be hugging all things kashi! :)

7 October, 2009 at 5:46 pm (5 years ago)

HA! Love it :-D

3. Whitney @ Lettuce Love
    7 October, 2009 at 5:51 pm (5 years ago)

You two are so cute! I would definitely have to hug homemade macaroni!

4. Kimberly
    7 October, 2009 at 5:59 pm (5 years ago)

i’ve got a couple – hearty, crusty bread; sweet potato; and yea, pumpkin. :)

5. Christina
    7 October, 2009 at 6:17 pm (5 years ago)

Hmmm I think probably a pasta is my favorite. I don’t eat carbs all that often, but when I crave a big filling bowl of pasta you better get outta my way!! ;)

I got so many new squash to try at the grocery store tonight!!! I’m so excited. There’s gold acorn, white acorn, and more of the buttercup kabocha cousin! I’m glad my store is branching out – there’s now a whole separate display for squash in addition to their normal part.

6. Chocolate-Covered Katie
    7 October, 2009 at 6:17 pm (5 years ago)

I cannot believe how adorable this is, Maggie! And I can’t stop laughing at the Bobby picture. You’ve got one funny guy! I’ll definitely link ack to ya soon.
    Love you, Maggie ;)

7 October, 2009 at 7:22 pm (5 years ago)

So cute Maggie – both you and Bobby. Favorite carb? Hmm, it’s a tie between oat bran, sweet potato, and kabocha…oh, and I love tortilla chips. Too many to choose from.

8. Allison (Balance in Bites)
    7 October, 2009 at 7:46 pm (5 years ago)

Haha I LOVE this! I am definitely going to have to take some pictures with some of my favorite carbs…. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pictures!

9. Dori
    7 October, 2009 at 8:04 pm (5 years ago)

Constipated Maggie looks cute! Favorite carb, ummm let’s see do french toast and pancakes count or are they counted as just bread? And banana bread.

10. Maria
    7 October, 2009 at 8:30 pm (5 years ago)

LOL that’s super cute! I love the “constipated Maggie” picture :D

I can’t just choose one, but at the moment I’m loving spelt bread, toasted with jam and nut butter of course!

11. Kasey @ Fit For Wellness
    7 October, 2009 at 8:40 pm (5 years ago)

favorite carb… that’s a hard one… probably breakfast cereal!

12. clare
    7 October, 2009 at 8:52 pm (5 years ago)

ok im kindof obsessed with fiber one cereal.

13. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    7 October, 2009 at 9:18 pm (5 years ago)

At the moment sweet potatoes. But really good fresh bread is great too! :)

14. Shelby
    8 October, 2009 at 3:06 am (5 years ago)

I love ALL carbs! I don’t discriminate! But if I had to choose just one…it would be oatmeal!

15. Lara (Thinspired)
    8 October, 2009 at 5:54 am (5 years ago)

You two are both adorable :) My favorite carb is definitely rice!

8 October, 2009 at 9:24 am (5 years ago)

Maggie…I LOVE seeing your sweet smile in your posts now!

you and Bobby with your carb lovin’ is so dang CUTE!
    you guys are crazy! love it!

Carbs ? my FAV? who knows…it changes daily!
    today I am having oats, uncooked style.

17. linda
    8 October, 2009 at 1:35 pm (5 years ago)

Hmmm… BJ tends to tell me the same thing – stop squinting in your photos. But I usually reply, “I’m not squinting, that’s how my eyes are!!

My favorite carb is cappellini. It’s my favorite, but I like all stringy noodles. Bean thread. Vermicelli, yum, yum, and yum.

18. Shannon
    8 October, 2009 at 8:03 pm (5 years ago)

haha, i love bobby’s head in the rice :) i have been eating 3 apples a day since they started coming in… and i made an apple pie i’ll be posting later this weekend! thanks for the camera info link, too–i’m in the market… if i can afford it :/

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Photoshoot: Hug your carbs!