Branching out – new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

I’m continuing to branch out for my meals. Here are some more breakfasts.

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

This is a bowl of cereal – peanut butter chocolate balls (Leapin Lemurs I believe), kamut puffs, sunflower seeds, a banana, and kefir (watered down a little bit to be more milky). I had with it some delicious cookie tea from Lupicia.

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

This next bowl is more cereal in a yogurt mess – kamut puffs, granola, sunflower seeds, a banana, and Oikos Greek yogurt. The granola has pumpkin seeds in it. It’s from Nature’s Path. Again, served with cookie tea.

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

I’ve also been digging popcorn (topped with cinnamon, salt, and chili powder).

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

Bobby loves homemade ramen – just fresh noodles, shoyu sauce, celery, and tofurkey slices. We get the noodles in the refrigerated section of the Asian market.

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

And we all know I love salads. This one is topped with lots of olives, pickled beets using Clare’s recipe (more on that later – delicious), pickles, parmesan (duh), and Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing (it’s back!).

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

I’ve been using a cool site called Meals Matter to try planning more of my meals. It makes me branch out and I’ve been less inclined to snack at night when I know what my breakfast the next morning will be. Though… I have to admit. Last night I had a little bit of a snack attack with apples (the ones we picked) and a Vosges Black Pearl Bar (chocolate with wasabi, ginger, black sesame seeds – I swear it’s awesome). I did make it 2 whole days with no night time snacking, and that is big for me.

What was the last thing you indulged in?

Branching out   new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

12 Comments on Branching out – new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

1. brandi
    9 October, 2009 at 5:34 am (5 years ago)

that chocolate bar sounds amazing!

I had 2 of my homemade cookies yesterday afternoon for my splurge :)

9 October, 2009 at 5:48 am (5 years ago)

so glad to know that you’ve been having diary and no problem with that! :)
    i think my belly recovered from the half raw experience too! :)
    I love homemade ramen too!

3. Chocolate-Covered Katie
    9 October, 2009 at 5:52 am (5 years ago)

Anything with “mess” in the name sounds surprisingly appetizing to me!

4. Naomi (onefitfoodie)
    9 October, 2009 at 12:12 pm (5 years ago)

what an idea with the cinnamon popcorn! love it! I never think to make popcorn so sweet! but its a rgaet idea!!

9 October, 2009 at 12:39 pm (5 years ago)

Do you make your popcorn in the microwave? We don’t have one, and I miss popcorn.

Last indulgence…um, let’s just say I will be glowing orange soon.

I love that Vosges bar. Have you tried the mushroom one yet? It’s the only one I’ve never tried.

6. Lori
    9 October, 2009 at 1:37 pm (5 years ago)

I love Nature’s Path granola! Yum. My favorite is the hemp plus.

My last indulgence was probably the bagel and cream cheese for breakfast on Wednesday.

7. smurfette
    9 October, 2009 at 3:04 pm (5 years ago)

Yum, your night snack sounds delishioso! And the ramen noodles look so good!

8. Riss
    9 October, 2009 at 3:13 pm (5 years ago)

I just stumbled upon your blog this morning. Another kefir lover… hurray! Can’t wait to try out your cinnamon+salt+chili powder popcorn seasoning.

9. clare
    9 October, 2009 at 8:37 pm (5 years ago)

chocolate zucchini oats with peanut butter on top is my indulgence today.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Branching out – new breakfasts, ramen, popcorn, and meal planning!

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619