Crazy Love

My friend suggested this song for our wedding… Crazy Love by Michael Buble.

I love it. What do you guys think?

My own crazy love is helping me change up my diet. I’m trying to eat pretty much the same stuff he does. For breakfast we made grilled cheese on Nature’s Pride bread. I had the 2 heels from the white one and he had 2 slices of the brown one. Cheddar oozed out the middle as we grilled them on the waffle maker. The outsides are lightly buttered for extra flavor. Bobby’s is in front; mine is in back.

Crazy Love

I had coffee with breakfast; I have finally forsaken tea for coffee. I’m not sure what took me so long.

Crazy Love

I was pretty starving for lunch. We made chicken burgers from Trader Joe’s. I sauteed up some veggies (Brussels sprouts, red pepper, burdock, collard greens) in chicken broth and added some Asian salad dressing. I had my burger on top of the veggies with some extra parm and ketchup; Bobby had his on bread with some cheddar and veggies on the side. He also had 3 pieces of veggie bacon (unpictured).

Crazy Love

I got these yummy Pepperidge Farms cookies this morning at CVS, so we each had one for dessert. They are trail mix flavor – chocolate, raisins, and almonds.

Crazy Love

Tonight we are making dinner for friends and we’re debating between baked French toast and my classic pizza recipe. Right now we are leaning towards the pizza because it’s always a hit.

What’s your favorite dish to make for friends or family?

In the news today

30 Comments on Crazy Love

1. Sagan
    15 October, 2009 at 3:07 pm (5 years ago)

Yummy! Fun idea to use a waffle iron for the grilled cheese.

I like making split pea soup, but that’s not really a nice-looking dish to present, hehe. Pizza is a great one!

2. carolinebee
    15 October, 2009 at 3:24 pm (5 years ago)

OMG i’m listening to the song right now i love it soooo much!!! Pizza sounds delish- i love those TJ’s chicken burgers too, that’s nice u guys are eating little double date meals :D

3. Dori
    15 October, 2009 at 3:55 pm (5 years ago)

BAKED FRENCH TOAST!!!

4. Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries
    15 October, 2009 at 3:58 pm (5 years ago)

How does Pepperidge Farm get their cookies SO chewy? I love them.

I love making really loaded omelets for mis amigos y mi familia. I also like trying out new recipes on them ;)

5. Sarah (LovIN My Tummy)
    15 October, 2009 at 4:07 pm (5 years ago)

Love the song, and love that you are eating like Bobby. It makes me feel so good (and normal) when we all eat the same thing!

15 October, 2009 at 4:16 pm (5 years ago)

wooo!!! I was just checking up a griller waffle making today…. sounds like a good purchase to make these melt cheese sandwiches.
    I have a chinese pork dish that always hit the spot! :)

7. Emily
    15 October, 2009 at 4:28 pm (5 years ago)

I love that you use your waffle iron as a sandwich press! I got a waffle iron for christmas a few years back and I think I’ve only used it once! I may have to dig it out of the cupboard.

my favorite dish to prepare… maybe caponata. it’s a family recipe, it’s best cold or room temp so it’s easy for entertaining, and it’s one of my favorite things ever!

8. Kristen (Flexy Fare)
    15 October, 2009 at 4:30 pm (5 years ago)

Veggie bacon? I wonder how that is!

For friends and family we make veggie chili or lentils and rice…both always go over well!

9. Jil
    15 October, 2009 at 4:35 pm (5 years ago)

Love the fact that you use your waffle maker as a sandwich press! Btw, I love Michael Buble and pretty much anything he does. Ahh what a sexy voice. :) I always make dessert for company — I know it’s not a meal, but that’s really my area of expertise. Raspberry white choc cheesecake — molten choc lava cake — apple pie…cookies — choc truffles. Man…thank goodness I don’t make these often…haha

10. Shelby
    15 October, 2009 at 4:44 pm (5 years ago)

I love the waffled grilled cheese! Yum!

11. fitforfree
    15 October, 2009 at 5:05 pm (5 years ago)

Nice b’fast! I love eating sandwiches in the morning :-)

I like that song — esp. the Van Morrison version!

12. alyssa
    15 October, 2009 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

crazy love is a GREAT wedding song! i also love “stay with you” by john legend and “today” by josh radin, if you were looking for other suggestions :)

13. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    15 October, 2009 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

I enjoyed your twitter CVS walking when you can to do 2 miles tweet BTW and yes, like the Michael B song!

14. alyssa
    15 October, 2009 at 5:33 pm (5 years ago)

oh and ps, i go to ithaca! funny that you graduated from there!

15. Yasmin
    15 October, 2009 at 5:50 pm (5 years ago)

Haha, I hear ya on the eating with your man. My bf LOVES beef, and I’m finding myself eating A LOT more burgers than I could ever imagine. And in turn he eats fro yo w/me.
    Oh, compromises (:

16. Justine
    15 October, 2009 at 5:58 pm (5 years ago)

I tried eating like my hubs once and I got me the fattest I have ever been (besides when I was preggo). Did so much work out for me :) . Was this a one day thing?

You ate white bread really? I bought with potato rolls the other day from the bakery for the hubs and the old man checking me out said “my mom always said, the whiter the bread the sooner your dead”!! I was well it not for me its for my husband. Bahahahaha!!!!

Have a great Friday!!

~Justine

17. Jess
    15 October, 2009 at 6:35 pm (5 years ago)

Those cookies look fabulous!! :) As do the grilled cheeses!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

15 October, 2009 at 7:39 pm (5 years ago)

I love Crazy Love. Van Morrison’s version is my favorite.

I also love that you use your waffle iron to make grilled cheese. :)

My go-to dish for friends or family? I have this pork tenderloin recipe that is so easy and really good. It involves a cream sauce made with Granny Smith apples and sage. I got it off the back of the sage package, and it’s always a hit.

19. Maria
    15 October, 2009 at 8:03 pm (5 years ago)

I usually like to bake for my friends and family. I either bake banana bread, my favorite oatmeal-chocolate-dried fruit cookies, or my pumpkin parfait.

20. sophia
    15 October, 2009 at 8:23 pm (5 years ago)

WOW Maggie! Grilled cheese sammies that is made on waffle maker! I LOVE those imprints!!

21. Gaby
    15 October, 2009 at 10:05 pm (5 years ago)

OMG anything by Michael Buble is amazing. I want to marry him every time I hear his voice! I can’t believe you went without coffee either! haha I would never be able to do that

ps. my boy came over tonight, things are good :)

22. Lynn (The Actors Diet)
    15 October, 2009 at 11:00 pm (5 years ago)

i love that you used the waffle maker to press your sandwich. what a cool idea!

23. Lara (Thinspired)
    16 October, 2009 at 1:26 am (5 years ago)

Awww, this has made me so happy this morning :) I love Van Morrison’s version and hadn’t heard this before. I think you should definitely do it!

24. Pure2Raw Twins
    16 October, 2009 at 6:33 am (5 years ago)

I love making/baking anything for the family..I love to cook, but baking is where I have the most fun. Love to make cookies and cupcakes and decorate them!!

25. Jordan
    16 October, 2009 at 7:19 am (5 years ago)

Is that ketchup I see on your gr cheese plate? I remember being little and the ketchup from my french fries made its way to my GC and- not wanting to miss a bite- I ate it. Oh happy accidents!
    Now it’s sriracha, marinara, mustard, etc.

I’m always a fan of the originals, so Van Morrison’s version is my favorite. Have you heard the Blower’s Daughter by Damien Rice? The “…can’t take my eyes off you” is so sweet.

Go to meals…hmm- chili, banana bread, flatbreads/pizzas (portable and easy is the theme) D and I don’t have a big place so we usually bring food with us.

26. Yum Yucky
    16 October, 2009 at 7:21 am (5 years ago)

Look at that Pepperidge cookies! I’ve never seen those before. I want that! Thanks for laying those on me.

27. Whitney @ Lettuce Love
    16 October, 2009 at 7:36 am (5 years ago)

Adore Michael Buble! Thanks for posting that video — it made my morning.

28. Kristen (Flexy Fare)
    16 October, 2009 at 1:03 pm (5 years ago)

The Buble is good. I love Patty Griffin’s version of Moon River (which is from the Elizabethtown soundtrack). It’s soo gorgeous!

29. MemeGRL
    16 October, 2009 at 2:21 pm (5 years ago)

My best friend and her husband danced to the Van Morrison Crazy Love at their wedding. I still smile big every time I hear it, thinking of that lovely moment.