I’m lazy when I’m lovin’, I’m lazy when I play

I can only think of two things that were lazier than Bobby and I were today.

29 cats Im lazy when Im lovin, Im lazy when I play

Our two fats cats. (Cous and Bo = Couscous and Kabocha.) Oops, look at those dirty socks on the floor.

30 cats Im lazy when Im lovin, Im lazy when I play

I did actually manage to give Bobby a haircut, so maybe the day wasn’t so unproductive after all. He’s playing some xbox game here. It has something to do with Japan. Sometimes I “help” him play by watching out for the red dots (those are the enemies) and pointing excitedly. I think I did a good job on the hair; this was my second time cutting it for him.

Im lazy when Im lovin, Im lazy when I play

I also did an easy walk on the treadmill tonight (1.8 miles, 3% incline) while Bobby ran and lifted. When we came back inside I did some nice stretching exercises inspired by Diane von Furstenberg (more on that later).

Im lazy when Im lovin, Im lazy when I play

For dinner I had my two favorite foods: fluffy waffles* with butter and real maple syrup, and kabocha*. The recipe for the waffles is HERE. I made it fattier by using egg yolks instead of applesauce and kefir instead of milk. Bobby did his own thing and went for rice and chicken. I like breakfast for dinner.

Im lazy when Im lovin, Im lazy when I play

I just steamed the kabocha and stuck it in the freezer to cool. All together now.

Im lazy when Im lovin, Im lazy when I play

With these goodies, I had a bit of fluffy bread* that Bobby bought yesterday. There were several persimmons afterwards.* Did you know they are especially delicious with almond butter? Try it.

Did you have a lazy Sunday?

*Edited to add (on 6/14/2011): Holy crap what a carby dinner! No wonder at the time I was feeling a little mushy. This was from back in the days when I still wasn’t eating as much fat and protein as I should have been (though, had you asked me, I would have said I was eating plenty of fats). As you can see, I had carby munchies – the carbolicious dinner only enhanced my cravings for starchy, sugary things, which is why I followed up this large meal with more bread (starch) and more fruit (sugar).

26 Comments on I’m lazy when I’m lovin’, I’m lazy when I play

1. Eliza
    19 October, 2009 at 12:59 am (5 years ago)

love your eats and your cats are adorable! persimmons, i just discovered how delicious these are! almond butter sounds great on them, i must give it a try today. :)

xx
    Eliza

2. Lara (Thinspired)
    19 October, 2009 at 1:38 am (5 years ago)

I love it that you and Bobby often have separate dinners :) Matt and I are doing that more and more and I feel a bit weird for it, but it seems quite common in blogworld :)

3. Erica
    19 October, 2009 at 3:24 am (5 years ago)

Lazy days are SO necessary sometimes. My Sunday was pretty lazy as well and I couldn’t have been happier :) I am a big fan of brinner too- the waffles look like they turned out awesome. Hope your Monday goes well.

19 October, 2009 at 3:55 am (5 years ago)

yes~ I did have a lazy sunday…. just walking around, watching TV, eating yummies and some baking! :)

5. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    19 October, 2009 at 4:37 am (5 years ago)

Persimmons with almond butter? I have to try that!

Have a great week! :)

6. Holly
    19 October, 2009 at 6:20 am (5 years ago)

ummm is it bad i just google imaged persimmons because i didn’t know what they looked like? ;)

yay for lazy sundays – those are seriously MY FAVORITE. just knowing you have no plans, can do whatever you want and relax is soooooo nice. bobby looks soooo cute with his haircut! good work!

7. Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats)
    19 October, 2009 at 6:30 am (5 years ago)

I enjoy your blog!! LOVE kabocha.. what a super breakfast :)

8. Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries
    19 October, 2009 at 7:45 am (5 years ago)

Defffinitely had a lazy Sunday; they almost always are for me :)

9. Jil
    19 October, 2009 at 7:52 am (5 years ago)

no lazy sunday for me :( boo..next sunday though! woohoo i’ve got the day off. those waffles sound so yummy. :)

10. Mama Pea
    19 October, 2009 at 9:03 am (5 years ago)

Can you come trim my bangs? Yet another Maggie talent…you are amazing!

11. Lindsay
    19 October, 2009 at 9:31 am (5 years ago)

I had such a lazy Sunday! My dogs were lazy too, I had to persuade them to go outside by offering treats!

12. smurfette
    19 October, 2009 at 10:18 am (5 years ago)

What game is he playing? My boyfriend is addicted to his xbox. I am glad you had a lazy Sunday that’s what Sundays are for!

13. Biz
    19 October, 2009 at 12:28 pm (5 years ago)

So I can eat the skin of the kobacha??

I am going to add it to my spinach spaghetti squash lasagna for one of my lunches this week – my plan is to steam it first, let it cook then assemble. Do you think it will work??

19 October, 2009 at 1:28 pm (5 years ago)

Love your Bobby-Cut and I “help” too on Xbox.

watch your 9 O’Clock!
    Left, LEFT, no your other Left.
    then I leave.
    I actually HAVE been playing a tiny bit. it’s fun but it’s CRAZY! I’d rather knit
    and since you asked NO…it was a nutzy but awesome sunday…I wouldn’t describe it as LAZY at all. boo

BUT I will go and look up that waffle recipe. I made some a few weeks back and they were NOT fluffy!

Happy Monday

15. Maria
    19 October, 2009 at 3:50 pm (5 years ago)

I looove persimmons! I have them everyday while I can :)

I usually spend a big portion of my day at church on Sundays, so a lazy Sunday is not common, but lazy Saturdays on the other hand…

16. Marina
    19 October, 2009 at 4:14 pm (5 years ago)

Couscous is a ridiculously cute name for a cat! I love it!!! And fluffy waffles for dinner?! Sign me up! Those look delicious. I sort of had a breakfast for dinner tonight too. :)

17. linda
    19 October, 2009 at 4:45 pm (5 years ago)

Are Cous and Bo a girl and boy?

18. Olga @ Healthing It
    19 October, 2009 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

Sundays are fantastic. After my 5K, I had an incredibly relaxing night!

19. Pure2Raw Twins
    19 October, 2009 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

Cats are adorable. Love being lazy on Sundays. I actually got to sit down and watch a movie with some wine! The first movie I have seen in over a month. Though I did so some work while watching it. :)

20. Michelle
    19 October, 2009 at 5:50 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Maggie! I love lazy Sunday’s too and there is nothing more comforting than breakfast for dinner. I love my waffles fluffy too, so yours sounds right up my alley! Real maple syrup is definitely the way to go!!

Thanks for sharing the idea on persimmons and almond butter!! That’s a fantastic idea, and I can imagine it being OH so delicious! Now i have to get me some persimmon. :)

21. Lynn (The Actors Diet)
    19 October, 2009 at 6:27 pm (5 years ago)

yay persimmons! i love that they’re everywhere these days.

22. Melissa S.
    19 October, 2009 at 6:30 pm (5 years ago)

def a lazy sunday as my coworker let me take the morning off, so i went back to sleep! and then blogged…and caught up with life outside my boonieville home!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on I’m lazy when I’m lovin’, I’m lazy when I play