Whole Foods Budget Dinners – Nom.

Yesterday Jill and I went to a Whole Foods cooking class – 365 Budget Friendly Dinners. It was kind of like a Rachel Ray show – we got to watch Allison (I think that was her name?) make three yummy dishes in less than an hour, and then we got to eat them.

Whole Foods Budget Dinners   Nom.

Allison made…

• One Pot Chili Casserole
  • Goat Cheese and Zucchini Frittata
  • Fusilli Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and "Hidden" Zucchini

Whole Foods Budget Dinners   Nom.

Jill and I both agree that the frittata was the best (probably because of the goat cheese). The pasta was pretty good (for being pasta), and neither of us cared for the chili that much. The roasted tomato on the pasta was especially delicious. I’ll post the recipes later, or you can look for them on the Whole Foods website. I bought the ingredients for the frittata and I’m going to make it either tonight or tomorrow – or maybe when my dad comes on Thursday.

I was really impressed that everything she made was vegetarian (vegetarian is very budget friendly!) and super simple. The demo was really well done.

We’ve been joking that we’re Whole Foods groupies now. I had no idea that Whole Foods had so many cool (FREE) classes. Tonight we have Get Fit with Catra again.

Have you ever taken a cooking class? What was it like?

12 Comments on Whole Foods Budget Dinners – Nom.

1. Mama Pea
    20 October, 2009 at 12:44 pm (4 years ago)

Very cool! I’ve always wanted to take a vegetarian cooking class.

2. Christina
    20 October, 2009 at 12:45 pm (4 years ago)

I took a cooking class as part of my curriculum in high school. But that was the basic, simple stuff and we had to cook in such large groups that it wasn’t really challenging or fun. I wish we had a Whole Foods closer so I could take advantage of their free classes – the closest is like an hour away!

3. linda
    20 October, 2009 at 12:55 pm (4 years ago)

My friend invited me to join her for a cooking class at a local gourmet cooking store. Costs $100, but you can keep the fancy skillet that you will be using the class. It was hard to say no to this one, but there’s other ways I can spend $100 right now…

4. Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries
    20 October, 2009 at 1:03 pm (4 years ago)

Haha I like WF groupies. I’ve never done any of the WF classes, but I always want to. They had a great wine & cheese hour at my WF in D.C.–miss that haha

5. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    20 October, 2009 at 4:50 pm (4 years ago)

I have totally wanted to do this before….thanks for sharing about it!

6. Kasey @ Fit For Wellness
    20 October, 2009 at 5:21 pm (4 years ago)

I have to look into free classes offered at my WF… I actually just got home from WF and did some serious damage!

7. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    20 October, 2009 at 8:18 pm (4 years ago)

I really want to take one of the free WF classes… It’s on my “do” list! ;)

I took a series of seafood cooking classes many years ago. It was interesting, but all the recipes were really complicated, so I think I made only one dish afterward, and it wasn’t that great…

Have fun at your class tonight!

8. Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca)
    20 October, 2009 at 9:15 pm (4 years ago)

Wow – sounds like SO much fun!! I have never taken a cooking class, and we don’t have a whole foods in my province :-(

9. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    20 October, 2009 at 10:04 pm (4 years ago)

Oh wow! I have to look more into the Whole Foods events.

The dress in your prior post is so cute btw!

21 October, 2009 at 5:43 am (4 years ago)

cool classes! I need to check out my local WF if they do that too! :)

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Whole Foods Budget Dinners – Nom.

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619