A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention

Right now I’m watching Food, Inc. with my dad. I’m really glad he’s watching it… I’ll let you know what he thinks.

Quick summary of our day: This morning my midterm went fine; I think my bowl of protein powder oats gave me some good brain power. We didn’t really do anything else terribly exciting today because I had to show our apartment at 1pm. We got Chipotle for lunch (Dad’s first time) – I got a veggie salad, Dad got a chicken bowl, and Bobby got a chicken burrito. After the showing we headed to Santana Row, an upscale shopping area in San Jose.

Sorry in advance for the crappy pictures – left my sweet camera at home and used the small one.

Tonight we went out for dinner with out cousins. We got Vietnamese at Pho Nam in Sunnyvale. This place is great. I got #52, the Vermicelli with Shrimp. It came with veggies (lettuce, cilantro, carrots, cucumber), vermicelli (rice noodles), grilled shrimp (with oil), and a yummy fish sauce topping. We got (unpictured) spring rolls (fried and fresh) for the table as well.

A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention

I thought this meal was fab – fresh, light, and pretty healthy. Dad got pork and shrimp vermicelli (similar to mine) and Bobby got beef pho (noodle soup). Bobby also got a strawberry shake – I thought it was pretty so I snapped a picture (and had some of course).

A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention

Dessert was lots of fresh pineapple from Safeway (Thanks, Dad!).

A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention

Just a reminder – I don’t post about everything I eat; don’t think this was everything I ate today icon razz A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention

I have been eating this awesome smoked mozzarella cheese on apples. I’ll try to remember to take a picture next time I have it. And I still have to share that crazy chocolate treat that I got recently too.

Have you had any cool new food finds lately?

11 Comments on A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention

1. Christina
    24 October, 2009 at 11:02 pm (5 years ago)

I’m trying to incorporate a lot more NEW ingredients into my diet because I realized there’s so much out there I’ve never cooked with before! The most recent were two new types of acorn squash I’d never had – gold and white. Also, teeny baby potatoes from TJ’s! Sophia also just mailed me some nori I need to experiment with!

I printed off the Diane von Furstenberg stretches and have been doing them for 4 nights I think? I do them before bed to calm down since they’re so relaxing! The past 2 night’s J has joined me, which I’m hopeful will help turn it into a more routine thing! Thanks for posting them!!!

25 October, 2009 at 4:41 am (5 years ago)

new food or best said new food combo for me is grilled sandwich with my waffle & grill maker! love it!! :D

25 October, 2009 at 6:02 am (5 years ago)

Maggie,
    Looks like your having fun with your dad and I was laughing that the oat bran sat like a brick in his belly. :)

Bobby’s shake did look so good. Very girly and pink. Hehe.

Happy to hear the mid-term went well, and I’m jealous of your kabocha photo. I haven’t had any in a week. Must get more soon!

4. Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca)
    25 October, 2009 at 10:30 am (5 years ago)

I can’t wait to see Food Inc.! I am interested to hear what you think of it.

5. Pure2Raw Twins
    25 October, 2009 at 10:44 am (5 years ago)

I am so happy to hear that you got your dad to watch Food Inc. that means there is hope I can get my dad!!

6. Maria
    25 October, 2009 at 10:44 am (5 years ago)

Smoked mozzarella sounds tasty on apples! I just bought some new cheeses from TJ’s that I’m dying to try :)

The strawberry shake and pho look delicious. Usually pho doesn’t look as colorful and the shrimp look great!

7. Bekah
    25 October, 2009 at 11:43 am (5 years ago)

Haha no worries my dear. I don’t post everything I eat either. If I’m good I’ll post my 3-4 meals that I eat in a day, but then I’m like oh crap, what about that spoonful of PB- or 1/2 banana I ate before a workout? Again, no worries.

Also, how did ya like Food Inc.? I loved it.. basically what I stand behind when I eat my food. :)

8. Emily
    25 October, 2009 at 4:06 pm (5 years ago)

the best food find I’ve had in a while is the Majestic Garlic cayenne garlic paste. so simple, but so amazing! the texture is fluffy and ridiculous, and you can’t really go wrong with raw garlic and cayenne.

congrats on the midterm! bet you aced it :)

9. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    25 October, 2009 at 5:47 pm (5 years ago)

Could you believe I have not seen that movie? I really need to get on it, huh!

10. Michelle
    28 October, 2009 at 2:41 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my gosh that bowl of shrimp pho looks like it is sooo tasty. All the vietnamese restaurants I’ve been to in Chicago don’t have a shrimp option! BOO!!! I also HAVE to get fresh spring rolls whenever I go vietnamese. Great call there by the family! Hehee
    Recently, I’ve gotta say my favorite are flaxseed cookies from Nutridel. I would love to bake my own version but don’t even know where to start, except maybe buy some flax seeds. Hahaha

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on A Noodly (Noodley?) Intervention