Pancake Circus

Today we went up to Sacramento (California’s capital). We visited the capital building, which was really cool. We’re pretty sure Arnold was in his office; there was an armed guard and lots of important-looking people going in and out. We tried to wait around to see if we’d catch a glimpse of him, but no luck.

After the capital building we got lunch at a local diner-ey place. It was called Pancake Circus. It was on a top 50 list of things to do in Sacramento. I love diner food, so I’m really glad we went.

Pancake Circus

My camera managed to eat the one picture I got of my awesome meal – a belgian pancake topped with tons of whipped cream and a large fruit salad. So freakin’ good.

Pancake Circus

Bobby got a breakfast-y dish – eggs, hash browns, ham, 2 big pancakes (unpictured), and a biscuit (unpictured).

Pancake Circus

My dad got the lunch special – a “chicken parmesan” sandwich (which was not what you’d think – it was just chicken and bacon on bread grilled with parm) and sweet potato fries.

Pancake Circus

I so wish that I had a picture of the waffle – you couldn’t even see it because there was so much whipped cream (which I finished).

Tonight we got Sweet Tomatoes for dinner – my favorite. I’m super stuffed, but happy.

Off to watch 30 Rock with my dad… tonight is his last night icon sad Pancake Circus

Happy Tuesday! (Or Monday night, if you’re up late.)

13 Comments on Pancake Circus

1. sophia
    26 October, 2009 at 10:24 pm (5 years ago)

It’s Monday night for me! Haha, it’s only 10:30! :-)

I LOVE diner food, too. Do you watch Triple D? Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? Love that show.

27 October, 2009 at 3:14 am (5 years ago)

It’s 4AM and I’m awake :shock: I wish I can stay awake to be happy!

3. Justine
    27 October, 2009 at 6:01 am (5 years ago)

Places like that are great after a night of drinking! Oops did I just say that out loud? hehehe

Have you seen Modern Family? Hilarious!!!

~Justine

27 October, 2009 at 6:13 am (5 years ago)

I love any restaurant that serves sweet potato fries, and I want to come up to NYC after you move there and take a Sadie class with you. :)

5. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    27 October, 2009 at 6:46 am (5 years ago)

I have always wanted to go to the capital building…

Glad your had a great time with your dad!

6. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    27 October, 2009 at 7:38 am (5 years ago)

Thank goodness one of you tried the pancakes! Bummer about Arnold, but it sounds like such a fun day!

7. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    27 October, 2009 at 8:13 am (5 years ago)

Pancake Circus looks so kitsch-ey and quaint and like a blast from the past and awesome.

Hope you’re still enjoying the choc chip cookie dough balls :)

8. lauren
    27 October, 2009 at 9:55 am (5 years ago)

hahahahaahahha I am from sacramento and my parents used to love going to that place after church on Sundays when I was younger! Small world!

9. Christina
    27 October, 2009 at 12:17 pm (5 years ago)

Mmm I could go for a big breakfast diner plate right now! What an odd interpretation on chicken parm? haha sounds closer to a club!

10. Meg Wolff
    27 October, 2009 at 2:38 pm (5 years ago)

It seems like everyone’s making pancakes, or eating them lately! Awesome that you get 30 Rock on Tuesdays.

11. Melissa S.
    27 October, 2009 at 7:29 pm (5 years ago)

ohhh…i’m going to be in sacramento the first two weeks of december and wanted to come to san fran for a few days…maybe a meet up!?!?!? either that or copious amounts of suggestions of what to do! i’m free as a bird!

12. Elizabeth (The Dallas Celiac)
    27 October, 2009 at 8:35 pm (5 years ago)

I love, love, love diner food. In high school and college, we lived it up at the diners and I love pancakes and waffles – two of my very favorite foods ever. Glad you had a good meal :)

13. Holly
    27 October, 2009 at 8:40 pm (5 years ago)

fun times with dad! i am just catching up on a million posts, and you are too cute. i am IN LOVE with your boots – where by chance could a girl get a pair of those?

this restaurant looks epic. love it.