Pancake Circus

Today we went up to Sacramento (California’s capital). We visited the capital building, which was really cool. We’re pretty sure Arnold was in his office; there was an armed guard and lots of important-looking people going in and out. We tried to wait around to see if we’d catch a glimpse of him, but no luck.

After the capital building we got lunch at a local diner-ey place. It was called Pancake Circus. It was on a top 50 list of things to do in Sacramento. I love diner food, so I’m really glad we went.

27 pancake circus

My camera managed to eat the one picture I got of my awesome meal – a belgian pancake topped with tons of whipped cream and a large fruit salad. So freakin’ good.

24 menu

Bobby got a breakfast-y dish – eggs, hash browns, ham, 2 big pancakes (unpictured), and a biscuit (unpictured).

25 bobby's meal

My dad got the lunch special – a “chicken parmesan” sandwich (which was not what you’d think – it was just chicken and bacon on bread grilled with parm) and sweet potato fries.

26 dad's meal

I so wish that I had a picture of the waffle – you couldn’t even see it because there was so much whipped cream (which I finished).

Tonight we got Sweet Tomatoes for dinner – my favorite. I’m super stuffed, but happy.

Off to watch 30 Rock with my dad… tonight is his last night :(

Happy Tuesday! (Or Monday night, if you’re up late.)

13 Comments on Pancake Circus

1. sophia
    26 October, 2009 at 10:24 pm (6 years ago)

It’s Monday night for me! Haha, it’s only 10:30! :-)

I LOVE diner food, too. Do you watch Triple D? Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? Love that show.

27 October, 2009 at 3:14 am (6 years ago)

It’s 4AM and I’m awake 😯 I wish I can stay awake to be happy!

3. Justine
    27 October, 2009 at 6:01 am (6 years ago)

Places like that are great after a night of drinking! Oops did I just say that out loud? hehehe

Have you seen Modern Family? Hilarious!!!

27 October, 2009 at 6:13 am (6 years ago)

I love any restaurant that serves sweet potato fries, and I want to come up to NYC after you move there and take a Sadie class with you. :)

5. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    27 October, 2009 at 6:46 am (6 years ago)

I have always wanted to go to the capital building…

Glad your had a great time with your dad!

6. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    27 October, 2009 at 7:38 am (6 years ago)

Thank goodness one of you tried the pancakes! Bummer about Arnold, but it sounds like such a fun day!

7. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    27 October, 2009 at 8:13 am (6 years ago)

Pancake Circus looks so kitsch-ey and quaint and like a blast from the past and awesome.

Hope you’re still enjoying the choc chip cookie dough balls :)

8. lauren
    27 October, 2009 at 9:55 am (6 years ago)

hahahahaahahha I am from sacramento and my parents used to love going to that place after church on Sundays when I was younger! Small world!

9. Christina
    27 October, 2009 at 12:17 pm (6 years ago)

Mmm I could go for a big breakfast diner plate right now! What an odd interpretation on chicken parm? haha sounds closer to a club!

10. Meg Wolff
    27 October, 2009 at 2:38 pm (6 years ago)

It seems like everyone’s making pancakes, or eating them lately! Awesome that you get 30 Rock on Tuesdays.

11. Melissa S.
    27 October, 2009 at 7:29 pm (6 years ago)

ohhh…i’m going to be in sacramento the first two weeks of december and wanted to come to san fran for a few days…maybe a meet up!?!?!? either that or copious amounts of suggestions of what to do! i’m free as a bird!

12. Elizabeth (The Dallas Celiac)
    27 October, 2009 at 8:35 pm (6 years ago)

I love, love, love diner food. In high school and college, we lived it up at the diners and I love pancakes and waffles – two of my very favorite foods ever. Glad you had a good meal :)

13. Holly
    27 October, 2009 at 8:40 pm (6 years ago)

fun times with dad! i am just catching up on a million posts, and you are too cute. i am IN LOVE with your boots – where by chance could a girl get a pair of those?

this restaurant looks epic. love it.