Moving Day

Lessons learned today:

• Driving in a car with 2 cats is not always fun. But I still love our little monsters.
  • Arizona is too cool for daylight saving time.
  • McDonald’s is gross.
  • Dairy Queen is pretty cool.
  • Things always take longer than you planned.

Breakfast – a few warren pears from Frog Hollow Farms (samples from this weekend). They’re almost too ripe at this point, so I wanted to use them up.

Snacks throughout the day – more pears.

Lunch – Southwest chicken salad from McDonald’s. Not very good! I am not a McDonald’s fan. There are many other better fast food salads out there. I also snagged some of Bobby’s fries. They were gross.

1st Dinner (7pm) – a side salad and a grilled chicken ranch wrap from Dairy Queen. This wrap was fantastic – yummy cheddar, creamy ranch, and a nice piece of grilled chicken on a tortilla.

2nd Dinner (11pm) – a shared grand slam with Bobby from Denny’s. We got hash browns, eggs sunny side up, hearty whole wheat pancakes, a biscuit, and turkey bacon. Both the bacon and the pancakes were “healthier” options on the menu. Bobby had all of the hash browns. I had most of the pancakes, some of the biscuit, some eggs, and 1 of the bacons. I heart Denny’s.

We are staying at a Motel 6 in Kingman, AZ. Anyone ever been there? I think we might get Denny’s for breakfast tomorrow, too… I plan on keeping it a little lighter (probably just a huge bowl of oats).

Off to get some rest and get ready for more driving tomorrow… I’m gonna try to get a massage out of Bobby. Happy Tuesday!

20 Comments on Moving Day

1. sophia
    11 November, 2009 at 1:29 am (4 years ago)

I’m glad you got through the first day ok! And haha, how were the cats being monsters? I still remember one of them jumping on top of my stomach and sleeping on it.
    Hey, McDonald’s ain’t that bad! Their french fries are gross, I agree, and their salads SUCK. Their premium chicken sandwiches, angus burgers, and soft-serve ain’t bad though!

2. Christina
    11 November, 2009 at 2:48 am (4 years ago)

My aunt and cousin just moved from FL to CO 2 months ago. I called to talk to them a few times on the road and in the background the whole time every 2 seconds one of their cats meowed. They said he did it the entire day, only stopped when they got to the hotel room! Poor kitties, but I agree – gotta love them!

I’ve been to Arizona once, it was beautiful. We stayed around Sedona, the Grand Canyon and a few day trips. Probably drove past Kingman!

11 November, 2009 at 5:04 am (4 years ago)

it seems that day 1 wasn’t too bad, glad that you had those pears with you to snack. Mine got too ripped when I had them on my flight back home… but it was still delicious! ;)
    good luck on day 2! :)

11 November, 2009 at 5:24 am (4 years ago)

GOOD LUCK, DEAR MAGGIE!

5. Justine
    11 November, 2009 at 5:26 am (4 years ago)

Wow! What the heck did I miss. Y are you moving from Americas happiest city (saw that on Dr. Oz)??? Good luck on your road trip! Sounds event full thus far. We drove from Az to Tn with a cat and it was not fun!! Or easy.

~Justine

6. Nicole
    11 November, 2009 at 6:28 am (4 years ago)

Good luck with the rest of the trip!

When I first adopted my kitty, I didn’t have a box for her to ride in on the way home and it was a NIGHTMARE! She was so scared and climbed all over me when I was driving. For a while she was riding ON MY HEAD!!

7. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    11 November, 2009 at 7:43 am (4 years ago)

Good luck with the move! Just moved from San Diego to Phoenix 2 mos ago so I know moving, and Arizona, well. I did it with household of goods, 2 vehicles, a real estate transaction about to blow up in our face, and a 2 yr old. Not an easy time, for sure! Good luck, road food is not fun. Nor is moving.
    When you get settled I wanted to ask you about Yoga Download. I am launching my own professional yoga teacher website and wanted to get your input on working with them on that side of things, noticed you have them on your site and Heabs reminded me of that too when asked her.
    Good luck Maggie!!!!!!

8. Rose
    11 November, 2009 at 7:53 am (4 years ago)

Good luck with the rest of the trip! I haven’t traveled with my cat – but I’m about to over Thanksgiving. Should be interesting!

9. Sagan
    11 November, 2009 at 8:22 am (4 years ago)

EXCITING!

Hope it all keeps going well :)

10. Meghann
    11 November, 2009 at 8:42 am (4 years ago)

Wow – did not realize you were driving to NYC!?!?! Have fun on your adventure!

11. Michelle
    11 November, 2009 at 9:39 am (4 years ago)

Uh oh!How Did that mcD’s southwest chicken fail you??? Was it…the soggy lettuce leaves? I actually love their asian chicken salad because of the edamame. hahah Do you think i’m gross? Good luck driving with the kitties Maggie! You have sure been on the road a lot lately. Stay hydrated and eat well my dear! :)

12. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    11 November, 2009 at 3:39 pm (4 years ago)

Have a safe trip!

Hope the cats are behaving! :)

13. Melissa S.
    11 November, 2009 at 6:40 pm (4 years ago)

oh the joys of road trips…i’ll be going through AZ in about 5 days!!! TX to CA is gonna be a long one!!

14. Alison
    11 November, 2009 at 7:56 pm (4 years ago)

I’ve been to Kingman. We almost moved there. That would have been awful!
    You should check out Winslow (standing on a corner in Winslow AZ)

15. MarathonVal
    11 November, 2009 at 8:29 pm (4 years ago)

Good luck with the move!

11 November, 2009 at 8:55 pm (4 years ago)

I’m with you. The McDonalds in the U.S. have horrid salads. However, the ones in Italy are pretty decent. Weird.

The only fast food restaurant I will eat at is Subway. However, I would definitely join you for some oats and turkey bacon at Denny’s. :)

17. Meredith (Pursuing Balance)
    12 November, 2009 at 2:34 pm (4 years ago)

Aw, I remember just taking my Oatmeal to the vet. He would meow and meow the entire way! I couldn’t imagine going on a long car trip with him!

18. Meg Wolff
    25 November, 2009 at 6:03 pm (4 years ago)

Wow, I’m really out of the loop. So you’ve moved from Mtn. view to NYC?

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Moving Day

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619