Exercise on a stressful trip?

(Posting from Droid.)

This sitting in the car thing gives me lots of time to think, but not much time to stretch my legs. Here’s what I’ve done the last few days for exercise…

• Tuesday: packing up the last of our belongings. This was 3+ hours of lugging things up and down 3 flights of stairs + cleaning. Fab workout.
  • Wednesday: 10-15 minutes of yoga stretching at our friend’s house. I ended with a headstand. (The pic is sideways I think.)
  • Thursday: 10-15 minutes of yoga at night with Bobby. I led us through a simple but invigorating routine.
  • Friday: yogadownload‘s ” lunchtime yoga” podcast (20 minutes) in the morning before we set out.

wpid 2009 11 12 07.02.21 Exercise on a stressful trip?

Right now we’re on the road towards Nashville; last night we were in Tulsa. We should make it to my parents’ house by tomorrow (Saturday) night. I’m super excited for something in Nashville tonight… any guesses?

How do you fit in exercise while you’re traveling?

15 Comments on Exercise on a stressful trip?

1. Lindsey @ Sound Eats
    13 November, 2009 at 4:36 pm (4 years ago)

Wow, impressed by your headstand! You inspire me to be better at yoga. :)

13 November, 2009 at 4:54 pm (4 years ago)

you’re meeting with Heather!!! :D Have fun!

3. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    13 November, 2009 at 5:56 pm (4 years ago)

Sirsasana is such a great pose for lifting my mood and helping me feel better. Love seeing you in it :)

4. linda
    13 November, 2009 at 6:20 pm (4 years ago)

I won’t guess because I think you told me before leaving. But wondering if you stopped in IN or IL at all and what that was like? I can’t believe you are just a day’s away to your final destination.

Stay safe and sound.

5. Anne K.
    13 November, 2009 at 7:08 pm (4 years ago)

When I travel, I like to book hotels with exercise rooms :) If I can’t get an exercise room, I like to spend some time in the pool or do a few strength moves in the room :) Your headstand looks great!

6. MarathonVal
    13 November, 2009 at 9:09 pm (4 years ago)

I love to fit in at least a bit of cardio, usually walking, and if not I start to “itch” for it!

But worst case scenario if I am stuck in a car all day, it helps to do a bit of quickie strength moves – push ups, wall squats, etc. It just gives me a bit of much needed energy!

7. Lynn (The Actors Diet)
    13 November, 2009 at 10:28 pm (4 years ago)

i usually take a lot of long walks, exploring wherever i am by foot….

8. Christina
    13 November, 2009 at 10:58 pm (4 years ago)

Wow, great job with the handstand!

9. sophia
    13 November, 2009 at 11:07 pm (4 years ago)

Easy: I put on my sneaker and go out for a run. :-)

10. Kimberly@Living Free
    14 November, 2009 at 6:19 am (4 years ago)

I’m guessing your time in Nashville will probably involve a certain someone who goes by the name of HEAB:) Have a great time!

11. Bekah
    14 November, 2009 at 6:51 am (4 years ago)

rockin the headstand! love it.
    i’ve come into headstand a few times, but can’t hold it long enough for a picture. baha. :)

12. Light Delight with TouTou
    14 November, 2009 at 7:31 am (4 years ago)

That is a really cool pose…I have seen coco doing that too, kind of s scared me at that time :-) )
    I really admire that you still can take some time exercising while you are traveling! when I am travelling, I normally do lots of walk (seldom take bus or metros), so walking 8-10 hours per day should be a good workout. plus, I always find I drop a size when I come back from holiday :-P

14 November, 2009 at 7:59 am (4 years ago)

Ha ha – when I saw that picture in Google Reader, I thought you had climbed up between two walls. I was very impressed.

So good to meet you in person Maggie. I knew I would love you. :)

14. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    14 November, 2009 at 9:37 am (4 years ago)

I thought you were climbing the walls too!

Unless there is a blizzard outside, my husband and I find a place to go for a walk whenever we travel. Just moving our legs keeps us sane and feeling better.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Exercise on a stressful trip?

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619