Once you pop the fun don’t stop

Droiding again!

Some of you guessed my surprise – I met Heather last night! I’ll upload the picture soon; it’s on my other camera. Bobby and I got stuck in horrible traffic on the way and poor Heather had to wait a while at Whole Foods to meet us.

We were starving and tired when we finally got in and Heather knew exactly where to take us – a place called Athens family restaurant. It’s Greek but they also serve breakfast food all day.

My order was exactly what I was craving… oatmeal and French fries. Don’t judge. I sit in a car for 12 hours a day and my appetite is wonky.

When we got to the hotel I broke into the roasted kabocha that Heather brought me. It was perfect. The Droid ate the picture.

This morning I got something fun to eat, but that’s for a later post. Then this afternoon I got to meet another one of my blogger freinds – Kristen (she’s tall like me). She let us stop by for an afternoon snack of veggies and homemade hummus. Thanks Kristen!

Now we’re in Virginia hoping to be at my parents’ house (NJ) by tonight. Hope y’all had a lovely Saturday.
wpid 2009 11 13 22.22.41 Once you pop the fun dont stop
wpid 2009 11 13 22.22.30 Once you pop the fun dont stop
wpid 2009 11 14 15.20.11 Once you pop the fun dont stop

18 Comments on Once you pop the fun don’t stop

1. marla {Family Fresh Cooking}
    14 November, 2009 at 6:36 pm (5 years ago)

Hi! Just found your blog via HEAB. You have some really great recipes! Love the one for Applesauce/Oat pancakes! Must try :)

2. Dori
    14 November, 2009 at 6:53 pm (5 years ago)

Love your oatmeal & french fries meal! Yayyy you’re almost in NY! Can’t wait :)

14 November, 2009 at 7:20 pm (5 years ago)

Heather is so considerate to bring you kabocha!!! how lovely~~~
    hope you got home safe! such a long trip! have some rest tomorrow and enjoy your stay with your family! :)

4. Maria
    14 November, 2009 at 8:06 pm (5 years ago)

Oatmeal and french fries actually sound really good to me too (looks like a lot of peeps agree :) ) Looks like you are having fun on your drive to NY!

5. elise
    14 November, 2009 at 8:28 pm (5 years ago)

you’re soooo close!!!! lemme know when you get here so we can meet up, ok?

14 November, 2009 at 8:32 pm (5 years ago)

Cute Kristen. :) Glad you had some good pit-stops in TN, and there is nothing wrong with oatmeal and french fries.

Glad you enjoyed your kabocha…sounds like the Droid was jealous. Yeah, well, I’m jealous of the Droid. ;)

Hopefully, you’re home by now Maggie!

7. Jen (Running With Cake)
    14 November, 2009 at 9:25 pm (5 years ago)

I saw the picture of the 3 of you on Heather’s site! How awesome that you could all meet!

8. Kristen
    15 November, 2009 at 6:12 am (5 years ago)

You were so sweet to come hang out for a bit! :-D I hope you made it home quickly last night and have gotten some serious rest!!!

9. Holly
    15 November, 2009 at 8:07 am (5 years ago)

ahhhh love the cross country trip – meeting up heather and kristin, i am totally jealous :)

and i love the fact you ordered oatmeal and fries. makes me love you even more!

10. Biz
    15 November, 2009 at 11:04 am (5 years ago)

I won’t judge the oatmeal and fries combo!

After high school, my friends and I would go to a place and order a basket of cheese fries and then each have a piece of pie – and then I would go home and have dinner!

Hope this next leg of your journey is a good one!

11. Bekah
    15 November, 2009 at 11:27 am (5 years ago)

Yay for blogger meet ups! So cool you got to meet two people along the trip.

12. Lara (Thinspired)
    15 November, 2009 at 1:42 pm (5 years ago)

I don’t know if I am more jealous of you or Heather that you each got to meet the other! Hehe. That is awesome. I can’t wait to hear all about it and see pics!

13. Light Delight with TouTou
    15 November, 2009 at 2:34 pm (5 years ago)

this is the first time I see an oatmeal bowl in the Greek restaurant :-) they are huge aren’t they?!
    have a safe trip to NJ,

14. Jess
    15 November, 2009 at 6:33 pm (5 years ago)

Fabulous combo of oats and fries :)

<3 jess

15. Melissa S.
    15 November, 2009 at 7:11 pm (5 years ago)

yay for meeting up w/ heather! isn’t she awesome!

and love the oats, and fries. :)

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Once you pop the fun don’t stop