Finally there!

Here’s the picture of Bobby and me with Heather. (Heather’s picture came out better.)

03 heather pic Finally there!

That night was very fun. Hope we can do it again some time soon.

We got into NJ (my parents’ house) around 2am last night and crashed into bed after some hugs and story telling. I still managed to get up in time for 10am meeting this morning though. It was nice to see some old familiar faces and meet some new people. I also took a walk through Yardley (where meeting is; it’s right across the river in PA) and scoped out a yoga studio. I’m not sure how long I’ll be in this area so I don’t know if it’s worth it to get a card.

My dad made us French toast this morning; no picture. It was fabulous. Some other good eats of the day…

A ham and swiss sandwich (with a little bit of mayo and mustard) on Nature’s Pride Nutty Oat bread (freebie from the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival). This bread isn’t actually available yet but it’s coming out soon. It was so good. I loved it. I will definitely buy it when they release it in stores.

Finally there!

My mom made Vegan Dad’s Burgundy Stew for dinner. It was pretty good. I de-veganized it with parmesan. I don’t think she made any significant changes to the recipe but I’m not sure.

Finally there!

Lots of other yummy eats today, but I’ve been spending time with my family and not worrying too much about foodie pictures. I got to take a long walk with Julia and Bobby this afternoon (and Benji the psycho dog). It’s so nice to be back in NJ (soon NYC).

What do you do when you visit your hometown? I like to eat at my favorite restaurants and spend time with my family and friends. We sit around chatting about nothing but it’s a great way to just sit around enjoying life. Happy Monday! (Or Sunday night, if you’re up this late.)

16 Comments on Finally there!

15 November, 2009 at 8:55 pm (5 years ago)

When I visit my hometown, I like to see my family and then go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s, and since I live here, I usually do all of the above everyday. :)

Glad you made it home safe and sounds. You sound so happy Maggie!

Thanks again for looking for the teff. We can hunt for it together when I come visit you in NYC!

2. MemeGRL
    15 November, 2009 at 9:11 pm (5 years ago)

Welcome back!
    How long are you around? A Philly area bloggroup is having a get-together on 11/23 and we’d love to have you join us if you are still around!

3. Amber
    15 November, 2009 at 9:28 pm (5 years ago)

so glad you made it. So cool you and heather met up! I live in my home town, I guess I love it THAT much!

4. sophia
    15 November, 2009 at 10:18 pm (5 years ago)

Aw, I’m so glad you’re having some quality time with family…and even with a fellow blogger!

Hmm…I don’t think I’ll be going back home this winter after all…

5. Mama Pea
    15 November, 2009 at 11:21 pm (5 years ago)

I’m so tempted to throw something…anything on a waffle iron now. That sandwich is genius!!!

16 November, 2009 at 5:22 am (5 years ago)

YAAAY!!

16 November, 2009 at 6:14 am (5 years ago)

glad you’ve arrived and were having good time with the family! Enjoy~~~
    how are going to stay until thanksgiving at home?

8. Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats)
    16 November, 2009 at 6:35 am (5 years ago)

I wish I could make ALL of Vegan Dad’s meals.. hes amazing!!

What a fun meetup with Heather! Great pic.

When Im home, I do nothing but relax with fam, catch up and EAT, of course.. lol Cant wait to Christmas to do all of the above!

9. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    16 November, 2009 at 7:18 am (5 years ago)

I’m glad you made it! Enjoy your family & friends! :)

10. Kimberly@Living Free
    16 November, 2009 at 7:24 am (5 years ago)

Glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy your time with your family:)

11. Lindsey @ EatReadRun
    16 November, 2009 at 2:57 pm (5 years ago)

Hi I just found your blog! That’s a long trip home. What made you decide to move to Cali? I live in Manhattan, but home is only a 2 1/2 hour drive upstate. When I go home I try to see as many friends and family members as possible. But sometimes that means trips home are more exhausting than they are rejuvenating.

16 November, 2009 at 3:17 pm (5 years ago)

Yah for safe arrival! And how wonderful to meet up with Heabs!

I’ve never been away from home so I have no idea!
    glad you are getting some family time! HI JULES!

13. Bekah
    16 November, 2009 at 3:39 pm (5 years ago)

Yay for home visits! I know for me, whenever I’ve been gone for a while, I always like to hit up my favorite stores, coffee shops and eateries that I’ve missed so much. Wine and dine with friends and family. :)

Glad you made it safe!

14. Hangry Pants
    16 November, 2009 at 4:57 pm (5 years ago)

I am going to Philly this weekend to cheer on Sabrina (Rhodey Girl) at her half marathon. It’s Sunday! Let me know if you are available.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Finally there!