Mee’s Noodles For Me!

I haven’t really been able to cook since I moved to New York. The only things that my kitchen has been used for are grits/oatmeal and grilled sandwiches (thanks, George!).

Last night Bobby and I got take out Chinese from Mee’s Noodles. He had actually gone there for lunch yesterday, and had some leftover beef lo mein. We also got chicken and broccoli over rice and “mee fun” noodles with chicken. The “mee fun” noodles were actually just rice noodles (vermicelli).

dec 1 2009 001 400x266 Mees Noodles For Me!

The beef lo mein – awesome. I love lo mein. The chicken and broccoli over rice – pretty good. I wish there had been a little more sauce. The “mee fun” – not that good. But that is only because I don’t like this kind of rice noodle. The chicken (marinated in soy sauce) was really tender though.

This place was (relatively) healthy compared to a lot of Chinese places that I’ve been to. There wasn’t much oil; I’d even call the “mee fun” dish a “diet” dish because it was steamed chicken and very little sauce over plain noodles… it even came with steamed spinach (which was not very good). I didn’t like the mee fun because it was boring.

dec 1 2009 002 400x266 Mees Noodles For Me!

Mee’s Noodles is on 2nd Ave and 49th Street and they have free delivery (not sure how far they’ll go). Definitely check it out if you’re in the area – it’s cheap and yummy. The beef lo mein was around $6 (lunch special), the chicken and broccoli was $6, and the mee fun was $5.50 (I think). Bobby also got an egg roll for $1 but I tried it and it wasn’t nearly as good as the egg rolls from Edo Sushi in Pennington. Apparently you can get a small lo mein for about $4.50, but we didn’t see that on the menu until afterwards.

I also had the last of our leftover turkey with this meal (we still have a little bit of tofurkey left). And then I had a million pounds of some Tasti D-Lite.

What’s your guilty pleasure or secret? Mine is… I would be perfectly happy eating Chinese takeout every night, and I don’t actually like cooking all that much. I cannot believe I just typed that.

P.S. I’m meeting up with a blogger tonight! Guess who?

P.P.S. I’d love to do a big New York blogger meetup now that I’m settled in. Who’s interested? Who else can we invite? Where should we go?

18 Comments on Mee’s Noodles For Me!

1 December, 2009 at 7:48 am (4 years ago)

Gena, Elise, Dori, Diana, Happy Herbivore? So many fun bloggers to meet up in NYC. Can’t wait to meet them all myself. :)

Tender chicken marinated in soy sauce. I’m sold.

2. Marina
    1 December, 2009 at 7:55 am (4 years ago)

Count me in!! You know I’m a regular at the NY blogger meet-ups! :) Any ideas on where you want to have it? I can definitely give you some suggestions!! E-mail me anytime.

3. fitforfree
    1 December, 2009 at 8:10 am (4 years ago)

Me too! I think you would like Caravan of Dreams — awesome vegan restaurant

4. Lindsey @ EatReadRun
    1 December, 2009 at 8:26 am (4 years ago)

I’m interested in a NYC blogger meet-up!! I’ll go anywhere. :-)

5. Ada
    1 December, 2009 at 9:11 am (4 years ago)

I’m definitely interested in a blogger meet-up! Some other bloggers who might be interested are Megan from the runner’s kitchen, Kailey from snackface, and Elise from hungryhungryhippie. That would be such a blast!

6. Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries
    1 December, 2009 at 9:17 am (4 years ago)

So down for NY blogger meetup!

And SAME on the Chinese food front– but I’m picky about where it comes from :)

1 December, 2009 at 9:30 am (4 years ago)

I’ll come…
    oh dang…job, toddler, plane fare…boo hiss boo.

you are really just finding your groove in NY aren’t you!
    Manhattan! cool beans!

i love chinese too…and I can’t believe you typed you don’t like cooking…coulda fooled me!
    good thing you moved to NY…restaurants everywhere!

xo

8. Elizabeth (The Dallas Celiac)
    1 December, 2009 at 11:51 am (4 years ago)

I don’t really like cooking, either :)

But I do love chinese food! Wish we had safe takeout around here…

9. Christina
    1 December, 2009 at 1:49 pm (4 years ago)

Yum I love Chinese food too!

10. candice
    1 December, 2009 at 4:26 pm (4 years ago)

Guilty pleasure: cheap Halloween candy. Butterfingers, Milky Ways, Snickers, Reese’s Cups, Almond Joys… 100 Grand. Oh baby. Oh, and General Tso’s chicken. I hate American-Chinese food… EXCEPT that. :P

11. Dori
    1 December, 2009 at 5:10 pm (4 years ago)

Mee’s Noodles sounds great! I never even heard of it, now I wish I ordered from them. Maybe I will try it out when I’m back at my own apt. You are just like me. I don’t like cooking and I would be so happy ordering Chinese every night. Or Peacefood. Which you will LOVE!

12. Light Delight with TouTou
    1 December, 2009 at 7:59 pm (4 years ago)

hahaha, your guilty pleasure :-D I wouldn’t mind if I can have Chinese take out, I mean, authentic ones! everyday, and I won’t cook!
    btw, since you are in NYC and you like Chinese food, try out that “flushing” area, where there are quite a lot good Chinese food!

13. Bekah
    1 December, 2009 at 8:08 pm (4 years ago)

Um NYC bloggers? Snackface? Sarah? Soo many! Plus what HEAB said.

And no worries about not cooking! You are in NYC, heck I would not be cooking either. :)

14. Melissa S.
    1 December, 2009 at 8:32 pm (4 years ago)

those noodles look great!

haha..love the confession…i’m like that a lot of the time too. wish i had a personal chef. !

15. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    1 December, 2009 at 9:59 pm (4 years ago)

I actually enjoy cooking and baking, but would still eat out for Asian food (chinese, thai, sushi, and vietnamese mostly) every night because for some reason, dinner always stresses me out, and I just love Asian food. I think it is easier to be creative during the day, but at night I am tired and hungry and just don’t want to think about it!

16. Biz
    2 December, 2009 at 8:55 am (4 years ago)

Glad you are settling in. Don’t like to cook?? What? :D

I won’t hold it against you! Me? I could have pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner EVERY day and never get sick of it!

2 December, 2009 at 3:40 pm (4 years ago)

You met Dori! :)