Who else is doing Dori’s Core Fusion Challenge? The goal is to do a Core Fusion class (or DVD) 4-5 times a week for the month of January… intense, but exciting. I went over to Exhale Spa on Sunday and picked up my DVD: Core Fusion Body Sculpt.
The DVD is 50 minutes; it’s broken into 5 sections of 10 minutes each. The first section is arms, the second is butt, the third is thighs (or is it thighs then butt?), the fourth is abs, and the fifth is stretching. I haven’t done the fifth one yet.
Each 10-minute workout has a short (1 minute) warm-up, then about 7-8 minutes of yoga and ballet (in my humble opinion) inspired strength training, and then 1-2 minutes of stretching. When I first started I thought it was wimpy. Two minutes later my legs were shaking and I wanted to die. But I pushed through and the end of the workout came way quicker than I expected. I did all 4 sections (arms, butt, thighs, abs).
I did this yesterday (Monday) morning, and I’m not sore today (Tuesday)… I credit this to the very good stretching in the DVD… or delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). I might be achy tomorrow (Wednesday)! If I feel alright (I think I’m getting sick…) I’m going to do it again tomorrow morning – and maybe even do the stretching segment if I have time.
So far – I love Core Fusion. I hate strength training, and this is much more down my yoga/ballet interest path. Plus, I want my butt to look like the one on the DVD. And those abs! Here’s to hoping that’s me in a month 🙂 Thanks for the intro to CF, Dori!
I’m supposed to list 7 random facts about myself. In no particular order…
- I love to sing. I haven’t been in a choir for the last 3 years or so, but I have been in various choirs for more than half of my life (age 8 to age 20). I sang in Carnegie Hall when I was 10 and I’ve gotten to tour all over the US. I’m a soprano!
- I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I secretly enjoy greasy Chinese food. Er… guess that’s not a secret anymore.
- I like to rearrange furniture. We just did our apartment on Sunday (it looks nice!).
- We don’t get cable. I don’t miss it either.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I’m currently reading The Likeness by Tana French (thanks Tina for the rec!). I started it in Miami, then forgot I had it, and for the last two days I haven’t been able to put it down in my free time (what free time? I think I’ve only read it for 2 hours total…).
And I’m supposed to pass it on to 7 people. I was going to cop out like I usually do, but I’m actually going to give it to 8 amazing and beautiful blogger friends because I just can’t narrow it down to 7:
- Dori (Dori’s Shiny Blog)
- Clare (Yogi Clare Bear)
- Cindy (A Sparkle A Day)
- Gena (Choosing Raw)
- Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga)
- Christina (Dinner at Christina’s)
- Coco (Balance, Joy & Delicias)
- Heather (Heather Eats Almond Butter)
And now I’m going to bed so that I can get better. I firmly believe that a good night’s rest can cure just about anything.
What do you do to feel better when you’re sick?