I had the most lovely conversation last night with one of my favorite bloggie friends. We chatted and chatted and I walked outside (just up to 70th and back; I live on 60th). Heather and I always have lots to talk about Like how great kabocha is:
While I was walking I realized a few things:
- For one, I really like walking. I think I might be burning myself out a little with all this intenSati.
- Yes, Equinox and intenSati are awesome…
- But no, I’m not the kind of person who needs (or wants) that kind of exercise every day, every week, or even every month. I like to walk. I like to yoga.
- I do love the Equinox showers, but I think I can trade them up for some at-home TLC in the form of some new bath products.
So… I probably will not be joining Equinox at the end of this month’s Warrior Challenge. I will definitely miss EarthRise Yoga (which I went to this morning), but I’ll replace it with podcasts and yoga on my own. (This is my yoga page – full of free recommendations. I’ll be updating this soon! Stay tuned.)
Just because I’m in the city now, that doesn’t mean I can’t make time to cook the food I *really* like. For example, I came up with a lovely lunch today:
- 2/3 cup (uncooked measure; it gets bigger in the rice cooker) brown rice, lightly salted
- topped with a few spoons of nutritional yeast (nooch)
- topped with some organic butter
- steamed Brussels sprouts and sweet corn
Here is a picture of rice for your viewing pleasure (this is my picture, but it’s not from today and it doesn’t have nooch or butter on it):
Tonight my brother is coming into the city (he goes to school nearby) and we are going to get dinner at some vegan/vegetarian/raw place (any combination of the 3).
What are YOUR recommendations?