My boyfriend’s back…

I had another non-planned-exercising day today. Here is what I did:

• Take the N train from 60th to 14th (Union Square)
  • Stop at the farmers’ market and pick up 5 pounds of apples for $2 (they weren’t very good; no wonder they were only 40 cents/pound)
  • Walk from 16th Street to work (10 blocks)
  • After work, walk 17 small blocks and 3 big ones to check out a new grocery store
  • Walk home (17 small blocks and 3 big ones)

I count all that walking as my exercise. It’s probably about 3 miles total, which is really not bad at all. Plus, I got to check out a cool new store that was recommended to me by a reader (thanks, Kendall!). It’s called A Matter Of Health and it’s on 77th Street and 1st Avenue.

I got my absolute favorite food ever at A Matter of Health: KABOCHA!

jan272010025 thumb My boyfriend’s back…

Catch ya later! Have a good night.

19 Comments on My boyfriend’s back…

1. Christina
    27 January, 2010 at 10:09 pm (5 years ago)

Sorry you’ve felt down! I hope the kabocha helps and puts some orangey sunshine back in your life! :)

2. Amber
    27 January, 2010 at 11:28 pm (5 years ago)

hope you feel better soon Maggie!! Sending you lots of happy energy xoxo

3. sophia
    28 January, 2010 at 3:49 am (5 years ago)

Aw, Maggie, what’s wrong? I hope you feel better soon. Email me whenever you want, okay?

28 January, 2010 at 4:15 am (5 years ago)

I’m emailing you later Maggie!
    kabocha always makes me smile too :)

5. kim
    28 January, 2010 at 8:15 am (5 years ago)

Take care of yourself Maggie! Walking always ground myself too. :) Stay warm. It’s going to be cold in NY this weekend.

6. Abby
    28 January, 2010 at 8:18 am (5 years ago)

Not sure what’s going on, but you know you can always e-mail me any time! With that said, I didn’t think it was a downer post at all. You’re human and you have ups and downs. What’s important is that you realize things aren’t rosy all the time and take healthy actions to figure out how to cope, which it sounds like you’re planning to do.

Hang in there and get lovin’ on the squash!

7. Biz
    28 January, 2010 at 12:04 pm (4 years ago)

Love the new layout Maggie! Glad you have your beloved kobacha to cheer you up – hugs!

8. Monique
    28 January, 2010 at 12:13 pm (4 years ago)

I need to try this Kabocha!!!!

boo to bad apples

28 January, 2010 at 1:17 pm (4 years ago)

big hugs and I love that you walk everywhere. so freakin’ cool.

I am loving all the places you go…just the names are cool.

I just go to Costco and Sprouts. boring schmoring.

10. smurfette
    28 January, 2010 at 1:45 pm (4 years ago)

I walk like 3 miles ATLEAST for my commute. I count that in as my exersice and then I do my WII fit. I love walking to work and back. I hope your ok!

11. Ashlei
    28 January, 2010 at 5:41 pm (4 years ago)

<333 kabocha!!

12. elise
    28 January, 2010 at 6:33 pm (4 years ago)

been there (still there)…call if you wanna talk. pretty sure you have my digits. nyc can be veryyyyyy isolating and this weather is hard, so dont feel like you have to put on a smile for our sake. last month when i was stuck in a funk the outreach from the blogging community was amazing. i hope you feel the love, too. im here!!!

13. clare
    28 January, 2010 at 11:59 pm (4 years ago)

hey babe,

love your walking and love your kabocha. MEE TOO!!! ginger, soy sauce, garlic, stevia today.

let this blog be YOURS girl. it feels good to open up. im always suprised when i open up and realize that it is ok to let help or encouragement in.

enjoy that comfort food. one of the reasons that God made tastebuds.

14. Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15)
    29 January, 2010 at 1:01 am (4 years ago)

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time, dearie!

Aaah, kabocha is SUCH a great comfort meal. Especially with nut butter!

15. ellie
    31 January, 2010 at 9:33 am (4 years ago)

I’m sorry things are hard right now…am only an email away if you want to chat.

Had a look at the website for that health food store- looks good! Have you been to Westerley Market yet? Amazing place :)

16. Emily
    31 January, 2010 at 11:27 am (4 years ago)

You know, I struggle with the “blog world” and the “real world”. I enjoy writing happy, positive things about my life, and I think it works a bit to cheer me up. I try to put together an entry of the great things that are happening.

I keep a personal journal to talk about the darker items in my life.

Thanks for pointing out that everyone in the blogging community isn’t exactly peppy all the time. That was brave : )

17. Gaby
    4 February, 2010 at 9:57 am (4 years ago)

Hey Maggie! I’m finally catching up on some blog reading after a two week hiatus, I miss blog reading so much! I’m still fighting with the internet people here, they suck and are inefficient so I’m at a cafe with wifi. Other than that Argentina is beautiful and i’m having a lot of fun trying to be a local for a while.
    I do however understand your struggles and am here to talk if you need to! I’m having some issues myself because my grandmother is insane and living with her is not helping my anxiety levels. She’s basically trying to force feed me to fatten me up, and her constant watch on my food intake and prep is of course putting me on edge. Plus she’s a little insane about everything else too. I’m keeping myslf busy though by hanging out with my cousins and traveling and i’m going to try to see every museum before I leave :)

Hope you’re doing well and are feeling better since you posted this. My interneting is sporadic but I do try to respond to emails at least every other day. Take care of yourself and talk to you soon!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on My boyfriend’s back…