What Makes You Happy?

Just stopping in. Here are some things that make me happy:

islamorada 391x550 What Makes You Happy?

This was me in Islamorada at age 6 months (ish). My parents went down to Key West on vacation and I’m pretty sure I loved it. We drove through Bobby’s hometown so we like to say that maybe we caught a glimpse of each other when we were babies.

Jamba Juice oatmeal:

jamba juice oats 400x300 What Makes You Happy?

They make the most perfectly cooked bowl of steel cut oats I’ve ever had. I was getting their $1 Wednesday breakfasts, but starting this week it went up to $2. Still a steal!

And I can’t forget salad

chickpea 400x300 What Makes You Happy?

This is from Chickpea, a cute little mediterranean place by my office. Their motto is: “always baked. never fried.” The layout is similar to Chipotle – you pick between a pita, a salad, a platter, or a hummus plate. I got the salad, topped it with original hummus, falafel (spinach flavor), my choice of 4 veggies (pickles, cabbage, black olives, and a cucumber/tomato mix), and tahini dressing. Yum!

Chickpea is located on 6th ave around West 23rd Street I believe. They do have other locations.

I’m out. What makes you happy?

11 Comments on What Makes You Happy?

1. Betherann
    4 March, 2010 at 5:16 am (4 years ago)

What a cute mama+baby shot! Makes me happy, too. :)

Last time I was back east, my brother took me and the Best Husband Ever to a salad bowl place by the MET similar to the ones you keep writing about. ‘Twas delicious…but waaay too expensive. At least, for this Montana gal. Maybe it’s quite thrifty for City-dwellers.

2. Kim
    4 March, 2010 at 12:49 pm (4 years ago)

Cute picture! Jamba Juice as $2 oatmeal breakfasts? That salad looks delicious. I love falafel :)

What makes me happy? Kitties. Netflix. DVR. My husband (ha, is it bad that I listed him after kitties, netflix and DVR?). Pizza. Hot tea. Blogs. Lots of things!

3. Abby
    4 March, 2010 at 2:16 pm (4 years ago)

Right now I am listening to the first preseason Tiger baseball game on the radio while I’m at work and it makes me ridiculously happy. Baseball is my cure-all, at least for those three hours.

Sunshine. Warmth. My hot tea. Seeing old people holding hands. Amy’s Pesto Pizza. Giant junk salads. Zoolander. Animals. Thoughtful surprises. Oatmeal. Green veggies. But mostly baseball… :)

4. Christina
    4 March, 2010 at 4:59 pm (4 years ago)

Awww you’re so cute. That’s a funny story about you and Bobby!! Too cute to think you crossed paths so early on!

5. Stephanie
    4 March, 2010 at 7:12 pm (4 years ago)

I definitely believe in destiny–you probably did cross paths with Bobby :)

For me, happy = time with my husband, walks with my sister, running in the sunshine, the smell of summer, Office Space, enough sleep and roasted kabocha.

6. Jill
    4 March, 2010 at 7:23 pm (4 years ago)

Spending time with people I like, this is what makes me happy. Oh, and money, when i’m broke I’m miserable :)

7. Holly
    4 March, 2010 at 8:06 pm (4 years ago)

that is the cutest picture.

things that make me happy: sweet potatoes, salsa dancing (i’m taking classes!), talking to my best friend on my walk home from work and knowing the weekend is in sight. funny how just thinking of happy things kinda makes us happy, no?

8. caronae
    5 March, 2010 at 1:26 am (4 years ago)

Currently makes me happy: cooking,reading, poetry, Pablo Neruda, leisurely runs along the Hudson, cardinals.

I need to try the JJ oats AND chickpea; it sounds quite tasty.

I gave you a little award on my blog, if you’re interested :)

9. clare
    5 March, 2010 at 10:35 pm (4 years ago)

finally looking up and learning what falafel is makes me happy right now! :)

have a great weekend maggie!

5 March, 2010 at 11:04 pm (4 years ago)

What a cutie patootie you were!!! and yes…it was destiny you met Bobby!!!!

I guess motherhood and family makes me smile the biggest!!

xoxoxox