Intensely Healthy Dessert

I’m watching Biggest Loser as I write this. One contestant just lost 10 pounds in 4 days to get immunity. Every time I watch this show I’m continually amazed by the intensity of these contestants. It makes me wonder how they got to where they were at the start of the show in the first place.

Last night I channeled my inner Elise (and apparently Coco recently too) for a short run. But today I was back to my walking ways. I did 2 miles to work and then a little over a mile at lunch. Wish I could have done more, but I had a lot to do.

avocado1 300x233 Intensely Healthy Dessert

Source.

sugar 199x300 Intensely Healthy Dessert

Source.

Dessert tonight was more mushed avocado (a whole one) with sugar (not a lot). I wish I had honey; I need to go to the store. If you haven’t tried this combo, do so immediately!

What’s your favorite weird dessert? What are you intense about?

0 comment on Intensely Healthy Dessert

1. smurfette
    7 April, 2010 at 2:42 am (5 years ago)

My favorite weird desert is fig jam topped with brie cheese on a everything cracker, it’s so good. I love walking and hiking.I probably walk atleast 3 miles a day running errands and going to and from work. Love it!

2. Christina (Dinner at Christina's)
    7 April, 2010 at 3:35 am (5 years ago)

I’m not a big sweet person, but one I posted recently was a favorite Johnny showed me – blueberries w/ slightly sweetened sour cream. I like the idea of this avacado mash! I bet it’d be good w/ honey or even maple syrup too! My cousin has spent some time in Costa Rica and they use avacado in much more unconventional ways than we do. A lot eat it for breakfast, and pair it w/ sweet things like pineapple. She has also started adding it in her fruit smoothies in place of yogurt for that creamy texture!

3. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    7 April, 2010 at 7:16 am (5 years ago)

Omg I just posted yesterday that I am a ballbuster, 110%, give it all, always, to everything. That said, if after giving it all, i can honestly say this isnt working, i can bow down and out, with no shame or regret, knowing i gave it my best and it wasnt for me. Great question :)

7 April, 2010 at 10:29 am (5 years ago)

I used to want to do everything intensely, to give all I have, no matter it’s about work, friends, love, etc. It was devastating for everyone. Now, I believe balance is the key for happiness, too much of anything is bad, even it’s a good thing.

weird dessert? yes. I made aduki bean jelly ! ;)

5. Yasmin
    7 April, 2010 at 12:25 pm (5 years ago)

Ok, Ok…you’ve convinced me!! My weird dessert is cubed tofu with pineapple chunks sprinkled with coconut.

6. fitforfree
    7 April, 2010 at 2:02 pm (5 years ago)

I totally agree about the intensity/eating connection. I was reading a book recently called CREATIVITY AND SELF-DESTRUCTION where the author totally redefined eating disorders for me, defining them as “misplaced power” (in the same way you did!). It makes me happy to think about food struggles as misplaced energy, rather than an inherent weakness.

7. Lauren @ Eater not a runner
    7 April, 2010 at 2:42 pm (5 years ago)

I love the avocado and sugar idea, I’m going to have to try that! My fav weird dessert is probably a green smoothie in a bowl…yum :-)

8. brandi
    7 April, 2010 at 3:05 pm (5 years ago)

hmmm…avocado with sugar? that sounds interesting.

9. elise
    7 April, 2010 at 3:09 pm (5 years ago)

try my dinner from last night…avocado mashed up with millet. you will LOVE it. seriously, im obsessed.

ps im sore today from all yesterdays walking!!!

10. Kim
    7 April, 2010 at 4:17 pm (5 years ago)

What an interesting dessert! I LOVE avocados, but I’ve never considered sugar-ing them :) I’ll have to give it a try. I agree that honey sounds delicious on an avocado! I often eat salads with avocado and honey mustard dressing. Anyway… I don’t have any really odd dessert combos. I’m kind of a traditional girl, I think.
    What am I intense about? You know, not much. I used to be super intense about food and exercise and work, but I seem to have chilled out on all fronts :)

11. Janet (Pantry Bites)
    7 April, 2010 at 7:13 pm (5 years ago)

Another weird dessert combo that I like is cold tomatoes and sugar. My mom used to make it for me…it’s surprisingly good and refreshing.

12. Elizabeth (The Dallas Celiac)
    7 April, 2010 at 9:48 pm (5 years ago)

Oooh, I bet avocado + sugar is fabulous! Must try!

Hope you’re doing well, Maggie. :)

7 April, 2010 at 11:19 pm (5 years ago)

oh i have half an avocado and some honey right here…must give it a shot.

I like quesedillas with a sprinkle of suger. oh my gosh. My great auntie made us these when we were kids. mind you hers were with homemade tortillas she made herself.

oh the joy.

I still sneak a sprinkle of sugar when it’s just a cheese quesedilla and not a filled one.

intense? don’t get me started! sheez.