Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

I added a tab on the blog called “Operation Wedding“. I’ll be tracking my workouts and progress over the next 2.5 months… July 24th is quickly approaching! Operation Wedding is well underway – I am very sore this morning.

In other wedding news, I got a caterer. It’s going to be a secret though. You will just have to wait and see because I feel like being secretive. At least for now.

I wanted to share two yummy salads that I have made recently. I always eat more salads in the summer – I just crave them. And I have decided that $2.99 for a bunch of kale is not so terrible. It’s cheaper than eating out, I suppose.

Salad numero uno:

6 salad 450x298 Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

7 salad 450x298 Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

• base: romaine; massaged kale with avocado, lemon juice, salt, and bragg’s liquid aminos
  • toppings: tomatoes, cucumbers, uncured organic turkey bologna (nitrate/nitrite-free)
  • dressing: pear-feta dressing from trader joe’s

Salad numero dos:

10 salad 450x298 Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

• toppings: beets sauteed in butter + some cilantro, uncured organic turkey bologna (nitrate/nitrite-free), shredded cheddar cheese
  • dressing: annie’s lite honey mustard dressing

They were delicious. Reminds me of doing Leng’s salad challenges last year. I hear RhodeyGirl is doing a salad challenge right now too, and so is Lara. I adore salad, and I probably have a salad almost every day without even trying. Don’t forget, I am The Salad Girl.

In non-salad news, I had this amazing flatbread from Trader Joe’s this weekend:

5 tj flatbread 450x298 Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

It was called the “Tarte aux Champignons” – a French style flat bread with mushrooms, emmental, and parmesan (love!) cheese. I ate half and Bobby ate half… but I stole his crust. It was amazing. I actually wish the whole thing was just crust. We’ll definitely be buying this again if we can ever get into Trader Joe’s. I had to get this when I was in New Jersey because the Union Square Trader Joe’s lines are always too long.

What’s your favorite salad dressing? Mine is certainly honey mustard! I get it 99% of the time.

12 Comments on Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

1. April
    5 May, 2010 at 7:10 am (5 years ago)

I usually have some sort of vinegarette. I really love my hubs three cheese ranch when I sneak some of it ;)

2. RhodeyGirl
    5 May, 2010 at 8:27 am (5 years ago)

You have a new blog? How did I not know! Thanks for the shout out!!!

Your wedding is a day before my one year anniversary! Good luck with all the planning!

3. Wei-Wei
    5 May, 2010 at 9:34 am (5 years ago)

Mmm, delicious looking salads! I usually don’t add salad dressing to my salads, because I usually just add flavourful tidbits on top (usually sliced olives) But when I do it’s usually just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Oh, and I love salsa on salads too!

I got to your blog from Eat the Damn Cake. I love your blog! Oh, and congratulations on your wedding! :)

Wei-Wei

4. Lara (Thinspired)
    5 May, 2010 at 12:04 pm (5 years ago)

How is that pear feta dressing from TJ’s? I’ve been loving the poppyseed but I think I need a change.
    Yay for salads! Thanks for the mention. I totally thought of you when I started this thing :)

5. Kim
    5 May, 2010 at 1:07 pm (5 years ago)

That flatbread looks so good! Is it in the fresh bread section or the frozen section? I want it!

As for salad dressing, I used to be only a honey mustard girl, but then I got this salad mix at Trader Joe’s (I forget what it’s called but it has spinach, walnuts, dried edamame, dried cherries and blueberries…and I add beans and avocado) that comes with this raspberry/cherry viniagrette and I LOVE it. Probably a phase…

6. Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear
    5 May, 2010 at 2:20 pm (5 years ago)

Tarte aux Champignons sounds and looks awesome! and a day full of salads is a good day :)

7. Sagan
    5 May, 2010 at 10:15 pm (5 years ago)

Mmmm your salads look glorious.

I like homemade salad dressings- just about any kind- or hummus as a salad dressing. But most of the time my salads are “naked”. I’ve never been a big fan of dressings. They often tend to overwhelm salads and take away from any other taste!

8. Pure2raw twins
    5 May, 2010 at 11:28 pm (5 years ago)

Oh we just love salads, Favorite dressing is either just fresh lemon juice or mashing up an avocado with some lime. :)

9. Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15)
    6 May, 2010 at 4:31 am (5 years ago)

Best of luck with Operation Wedding!

Heh, my favorite dressings are tangy ones…like your miso-tahini one!

10. Audie Maglori
    24 February, 2011 at 2:21 pm (4 years ago)

Deference to website author , some superb information .

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Salad Tuesday and Flat Bread

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1796