Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

Free yoga mat giveaway! (And hot sauce discount.) Now: Papaya Salad. Papaya salad is in both Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. My favoritefavorite is the Vietnamese version of papaya salad, but I suppose this is kind of a mix of both.

13 papaya salad 450x298 Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

I love papaya salad. So much so that I had it for dinner 2 nights in a row.

14 papaya salad 450x298 Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

Ingredients and Method

• green papaya
  • tomatoes
  • shrimp, sauteed in peanut oil with soy sauce and chili powder
  • dressing: fish sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, hot sauce
  • topping: PB2
  • MIX

16 papaya salad 450x298 Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

To slice the papaya into such tiny strips (which is the only way to enjoy green papaya), I first used my mandoline to slice the papaya in thin strips. Then I just cut up the strips. It didn’t take long at all.

15 papaya salad 450x298 Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

Papaya salad is a good reward and a great way to celebrate…

12 wedding cards 450x298 Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

Celebrate finishing my wedding invitations that is! Almost all of them were mailed out today.

I know I owe you that explanation for why I suddenly have more time. The truth is, I don’t really have that much more time. I cut back to part time at my job and I am taking a class in the evenings, but the class ends up taking up 4-5 hours of my night… so I have about the same amount of free time as I did before. But I love the class. It’s a linguistics class.

Have you ever taken a class after you graduated college? Do you like papaya salad?

7 Comments on Papaya Salad Rocks My Socks

1. Amanda
    9 June, 2010 at 7:59 am (5 years ago)

Hahah wow I looked at the invitation and I was like who’s Margaret and Robert? DUH! Maggie and Bobby!! lol Congrats!

2. Christina (Dinner at Christina's)
    9 June, 2010 at 3:20 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve never had green papaya, but the salad looks delicious!

haha I thought the same thing Amanda.. I was like oh wow she must have gone to one of her friend’s weddings! Derrr

3. clare
    9 June, 2010 at 11:29 pm (5 years ago)

hmmm i have never had green papaya either! might have to look that one up. yay for your class! i love learning, and if i lived close to a university (and had the time, sigh) id be taking classes for sure. id love to learn italian. and id love to learn more about kinesiology and anatomy.

4. Amber's notebook
    10 June, 2010 at 2:09 am (5 years ago)

omg your post had me drooling! Congratulations on the wedding invites. Thank you for the kind words on my blog and glad to see you back!!

5. Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear
    10 June, 2010 at 2:04 pm (5 years ago)

Afte graduating in Dec 2008 I haven’t taken a single class and I’m quite sure it’ll take a while for me to take one, I’ve simply had enough of school! :)

6. Katherine
    10 June, 2010 at 9:58 pm (5 years ago)

that is papaya? no way! it’s not even pink; I’ve never seen anything like it

congrats on the invitations being done! that is a true feet and requires much celebration. I love weddings; I cannot say it enough
    Katherine