My first Saturday Secret is not a secret – it’s my fiance Bobby’s birthday. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) We had so much fun last night, first going to Kenka and following it up at Falucka Lounge (that’s really what it’s called!). We were with a few of our good friends and it was really fun. We ate things like this (both pics from Yelp):
The second thing is omu-rice, which is fried rice hiding underneath an omelette (with lots of mayo). Kenka is one of Bobby’s favorite Japanese places – it’s essentially Japanese bar food. And it’s absolutely delicious, I might add. Not the healthiest place I have been to, but certainly delicious.
My second Saturday Secret is that you have until Monday to enter this contest. (Now closed.)
My third Saturday Secret is actually many Saturday Secrets. Here is a list of vegetarian/vegan/veg-friendly places that I either have been to or want to go to in New York:
- atlas cafe
- candle cafe
- boneshakers (brooklyn)
- pala pizza
- cocoa v
- the organic grill
- soy and sake
curly’s vegetarian lunch(update: tried; not a fan)
- pure food and wine
- angelica’s kitchen (update: tried! great food.)
- souen – my reviews: souen brunch, another souen brunch, souen with mom, another souen brunch, souen-inspired dressing, souen dinner, and souen lunch!
- sacred chow – my reviews: sacred chow salad, sacred chow salad again!
- slice perfect pizza – my slice review
- quantum leap – my quantum leap review
Now I am off to take Bobby to brunch at this place. He doesn’t know where we are going yet.
What’s your favorite vegetarian restaurant? (In any city!)