Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

It is HOT in New York. HOT HOT HOT. Currently (8pm) my weather widget says:

new york weather Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

95 degrees F (35 C). What is the best thing to do on a hot day? Get your nails done of course! (I actually had these done yesterday, which was almost as hot.)

nails Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

This is a “UV manicure” which is supposed to last up to 2 weeks. We’ll just see about that. If it does I will never go back to regular manis, which only last 2 days for me. So far it hasn’t chipped, so it’s off to a good start icon wink Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese! The woman put a kind of gel on my nails that hardened; then she put on the color. I love dark nails – I always go for dark red/brown/purple, even in the summer. I think I will do purple for the wedding (it’ll be tasteful). Speaking of the wedding…

27 tiffany Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

We got Bobby’s wedding band today. It’s very nice but you’ll have to wait until after the wedding to see it.

Oh, this is a food blog? Okay! Here is my lunch:

20 grilled cheese tomato Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

It’s a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes. I put it in Mr. George Foreman before I left for work. It was a li’l soggy by lunchtime but still yummy.

Ingredients

21 grilled cheese tomato Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

I made Bobby a similar sandwich this weekend – just grilled chicken (love you, George) with tomato; sauces were mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce… (same bread and tomato as mine):

22 grilled chicken tomato Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

He liked it.

Exercise of the day: Pick Your Level: Weight Loss Pilates with Ellen Barrett (Netflix). Walk home from work (1.4 miles). Walk to Tiffany’s and to dinner (Chipotle) (1.5 miles).

Was it hot where you live? What did you do to beat the heat?

11 Comments on Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!

6 July, 2010 at 9:50 pm (4 years ago)

it’s quite hot in DC too but fortunately we have AC everywhere! :)
    can’t wait to see the wedding band. Actually i feel so lucky to be able to really see it!! :)

2. Maytina
    6 July, 2010 at 10:20 pm (4 years ago)

Toronto is super hot too. We broke the grid yesterday with all the AC! We played board games and ate freezies on the porch. <3 I am such a sucker for that little blue packaging. :P

3. Lisa @ I'm an Okie
    6 July, 2010 at 10:34 pm (4 years ago)

Love your nail polish color!

I live in Oklahoma and its been surprisingly cool here. We are usually at 100 and we have been 85 the past few days!

4. Abby
    7 July, 2010 at 7:04 am (4 years ago)

It’s been over 90 degrees here for the past four days and I don’t have air at home. However, it’s always freezing in my office, so I have a sweatshirt on during the day and melt at home. Oy!

The only good thing is that I can’t go for a walk until later at night, so my exercise is drastically cut down (a good thing right now). ;) Lots of cold, summery foods when I’m at home, as the oven is NOT going on any time soon!

5. brandi
    7 July, 2010 at 9:17 am (4 years ago)

I love that polish color!

It was 99 degrees when I got in my car at 5 pm to go home yesterday. Blech.

6. pure2raw twins
    7 July, 2010 at 9:35 am (4 years ago)

Grilled cheese looks great! Yes it is hot, we are in FL now!! Hot. Humid! ugh

7. Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss
    7 July, 2010 at 11:27 am (4 years ago)

That sandwich looks delicious. I love my George Foreman grill. It was a Christmas gift from my roommate one year, and I use it almost daily.

8. Kim
    7 July, 2010 at 12:41 pm (4 years ago)

I’m in Southern California and it’s FREEZING here (meaning in the 60s). It rained all day yesterday. I think Mother Nature is mad…

9. sophia
    7 July, 2010 at 1:48 pm (4 years ago)

I can’t believe it. Even Singapore is cooler right now than here!
    I was just thinking about grilled cheese a few minutes ago. You and I must have ESP!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Hot In The City: Grilled Cheese!