For brunch one day this weekend (Saturday I believe) Bobby and I headed uptown to Effy’s Cafe up on 3rd Ave and 92nd Street. We’d been there once before and I missed out on their delicious omelettes. I got one this time. But this post is not about the omelette – it’s about the Israeli salad that comes with the omelette.
Bonus points for this salad:
- vegetarian and vegan
- organic, seasonal, and local (all the ingredients are from my farmers’ market)
- cooling (we’re having a heat wave here!)
Fresh and Crunchy Summery Israeli Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium/large organic tomatoes, chopped
- 3 small cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 of a large red pepper, chopped
- red onion, chopped (optional)
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix everything together.
- Add more olive oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper, to taste.
- Eat and enjoy. Stay cool this summer.
Exercise of the day: 10 Minute Solution – Fat Blasting Dance Mix (first 3 10-minute sections) (instructor is Jennifer Galardi). Walk home from work (1.4 miles) (this didn’t happen yet).
I am still looking for guest posters for while I’m away on my honeymoon – email me or leave a comment. I will take any posts that you can tie back to marriage/relationships, honeymooning/travel (we’re going to Maui), etc… I’m definitely open to suggestions. I have some great ones so far.
What’s your favorite thing to eat when it’s hot out? I like fruit and salad!