Deals and Good Reads
- I’m an Okie talks about food voice vs. food noise – if you’ve read Bethenny’s Naturally Thin, this is a good recap; if you haven’t, it’s a good intro. She talks about listening to your body and working through the food chatter in your head. I needed this reminder this week.
- Get the Santa Cruz Clog for 50% Off – just $22.49 at Crocs.com
- Free concert in Central Park – Concerts in the Park: the New York Philharmonic, the Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, and more. Tuesday 7/13/2010 8:00pm in The Great Lawn.
- Health Blog Helper lets us in on 5 Things Sorority Girls Can Teach You About Blogging.
- Sagan reflects on finding our passions and how being happy affects us.
- My friend Maeve shared this cool bike basket via Google Reader. Awesome!
What I’m Reading (books)
- Just finished The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. It’s a sequel to The Notebook, which I read ages ago. Loved it. Sparks’ men are not realistic though Location: New Bern, NC; time: current (early 2000s).
- In the middle of The Translation of Dr Apelles by David Treuer. It’s a Native American love story. Location: somewhere in the middle; time: half current, half a few hundred years ago.
- Just started The Hazards of Good Breeding by Jessica Shattuck (social commentary). Really good so far – only on page 30. Location: Boston; time: current (early 2000s).
- (I got all of these books in Brooklyn last week at the Salvation Army for <$2 each.)
What are your finds this week?
This post inspired by a great blog I just found called Honoring Health. She does “What’s Going On” posts like this.