The Perfect Slice – of UES Pizza

*If you didn’t see it already, check out my guest post over at A Nourishing Glimpse – it’s part of Danielle’s Plates From Around the World series. My post is on Asian food in the Bay Area. Thanks again, Danielle!*

I first went to Slice Perfect pizza back in May. It’s very vegetarian/vegan friendly and we adore the food. We actually liked it so much that we considered having them cater our wedding – but we ended up going with a local place because it was easier to coordinate. Last time I got a delicious salad and just had a few bites of pizza and bruschetta; this time I actually got a slice.

25 slice bruschetta wizard The Perfect Slice   of UES Pizza

This (above) was my slice. It’s called the “Wizard” – it’s a bruschetta pizza on honey whole wheat crust. The crust is topped with all-natural marinara sauce and fresh bruchetta (tomatoes, red onions, basil, sundried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar & olive oil). It was delicious. Needed some cheese though! I love cheese. So I had some of this too:

24 slice chicken expert The Perfect Slice   of UES Pizza

This (above) was Bobby’s first slice, the “Expert” – it was an herb crust topped with all-natural marinara sauce, free-range sesame chicken, part-skim organic mozzarella, and fresh basil. Lots of cheese, lots of yum.

We also got the “Beginner” hummus pizza (below) – herb crust spread with lots of organic hummus, then topped with caramelized onions and kalamata olives. I ate the olives (and some of the slice); Bobby doesn’t like olives and always forgets to ask for them on the side.

23 slice hummus beginner The Perfect Slice   of UES Pizza

You can’t have pizza without ice cream, though. We stopped at Tasti D-Lite on the way home, and when Bobby checked in on Foursquare he happened to get a BOGO coupon! So we each got a chocolate and vanilla swirl:

26 tasti delite The Perfect Slice   of UES Pizza

I had to help him. He was full. How can you be too full for Tasti D-Lite?

Exercise of the day: walking to and from work (2.8 miles total) + a video TBD (hopefully about 30 minutes of yoga/pilates/something similar)!

What’s your favorite pizza? Favorite ice cream?

7 Comments on The Perfect Slice – of UES Pizza

1. Rosey Rebecca
    12 July, 2010 at 12:11 pm (4 years ago)

There’s a place near me with awesome tomato-garlic pizza. Mmm–I want some just thinking about it. Thanks for the pizza craving. Sheesh.

2. Yasmin
    12 July, 2010 at 12:20 pm (4 years ago)

Those pizzas look absolutely delicious and something I could probably create in my own kitchen like that 2nd Mediterranean pizza. My favorite pizza has to include goat cheese and basil for sure. Ice cream is a toss up between rocky road and chocolate chunk.

3. Kat (Bubble Gum Gym Kat)
    12 July, 2010 at 12:24 pm (4 years ago)

I like white pizzas..so chicken and alfredo sauce and spinach mmmmm, and I don’t really like ice cream but I love frozen yogurt!!

4. Kim
    12 July, 2010 at 12:30 pm (4 years ago)

I LOVE pizza. I had this amazing pesto/goat cheese/veggie pizza this weekend. Delicious! I’m totally happy with a good margherita pizza. That hummus pizza looks very good!

As for ice cream, I’m a bit of a purist. I don’t like places like Coldstone that mix up so much stuff. I love just vanilla, or chocolate chip, or cookies and cream. I’m not a big fan of chocolate by itself. I seem to have lost my liking for frozen yogurt. I think I had too much of it in my restricting days. I do love gelato!

5. Abby
    12 July, 2010 at 12:54 pm (4 years ago)

I don’t go out for pizza much, but I love Amy’s Frozen Pesto Pizza (and the cheese and margherita ones, as well.) For me, pizza has to have cheese, otherwise it’s just some sort of flatbread with vegetables. As for ice cream, I go for a simple chocolate vanilla soft swirl with sprinkles. Simple, yet delicious.

Just like you say pizza and ice cream go together, I have to have a bottle of cold water when I get ice cream. Is that weird? :)

6. Lisa @ I'm an Okie
    13 July, 2010 at 11:25 am (4 years ago)

oh that’s some good looking pizza. I love putting jalapenos on pizza. And pineapple.

and I love pesto based pizzas!

7. Bekah
    14 July, 2010 at 2:11 pm (4 years ago)

Isn’t is weird that guys actually listen to hunger cues? If I have an ice cream in front of me that I went out to eat for, I’m going to eat the entire thing. Even if I’m getting full. I don’t understand! My brother does the same thing, he says when we’re out to eat “not hungry for desser”. WHAT?!! No dessert?? After pizza? No way. haha.