Vietnamese Food Date Night

I finally got myself a new phone: the Droid X. Now I can be connected at all times (hmm… is this really a good thing?). Last night I tried out the new toy by checking in with Foursquare and taking pictures of our date night dinner.

wpid 2010 07 16 20 01 12 984 Vietnamese Food Date Night

wpid 2010 07 16 20 02 58 999 Vietnamese Food Date Night

After dragging one of my bridesmaids around the city for an hour to get the Droid, we headed down to Union Square and went our separate ways for our respective date nights. I found Bobby and we wandered until we passed Saigon Grill. We selected two vegetarian (vegan actually) dishes: Vegetarian Bun (vermicelli) and a Basil Vegetable Stir-fry.

Best. Bun. Ever. Fresh, full of vegetables, and even the vermicelli noodles were good (not a noodle person).

The Basil Veggies were great too but I don’t think anything could compare to the BUN. We’ll definitely be back. This dish had all my favorites and more: broccoli, lotus root, tomatoes, etc…

After dinner we got soft serve and had a Whole Foods date (apples for me, overpriced orhanic white nectatines for Bobby) and met up with my bridesmaid and her boyfriend – great company.

Currently on the train to NJ for some last minute wedding stuff. What are you doing this weekend?

8 Comments on Vietnamese Food Date Night

1. Diana @ VEGeneration
    17 July, 2010 at 4:28 pm (4 years ago)

I lived on 10th St last year, so I always used to pass by Saigon Grill while walking up to Union Square but I’ve never gone in! Now that I’m dorming in the Union Sq area again this coming school year, I should give it a try. If you’ve never tried Red Bamboo, Vegetarian Paradise 2, and Quantum Leap, I would also recommend those :) They’re pretty close by, in the Greenwich Village and East Village areas.

2. Abby
    17 July, 2010 at 5:12 pm (4 years ago)

The title of this post could be a bit misleading for those of us with slightly dirty minds (kidding…kind of.) Here comes the bride!

But that sounds like a fun date! My weekend is lame, as it’s 95 degrees and I feel like doing absolutely nothing other than worshiping my fan and watching the ball games. Oh well! I’m not at work ;)

3. Rosey Rebecca
    18 July, 2010 at 4:33 pm (4 years ago)

I’ve been debating whether I want to be connected at all times or not. I really want an iPhone or a blackberry. I think I’d turn into a twitter username if I had one though. :-)

4. April
    19 July, 2010 at 6:19 am (4 years ago)

I would constantly be online checking blogs if I could ;) I’m putting off getting anything that promotes that HA!

5. Alycia @ Fit n Fresh
    19 July, 2010 at 8:47 am (4 years ago)

I want veitnamese food!! All of these blogs with their sweet places to eat are making me so jealous!! (:

6. Glidingcalm
    5 August, 2010 at 8:25 am (4 years ago)

Vietnamese food is my all time favorite!! So light and fresh andddddddddddd DELISH!

Loves!