A few weekends ago I started doing “What’s Up Saturday” – and listed out my favorites for the week. It’s been 3 weeks now and I am finally getting around to posting another one! Getting married keeps you pretty busy. So these links are for the last 3 weeks… (I star these things in my Google Reader to keep track.)
Deals and Good Reads
- Eden wrote about Changing Habits. Some really good advice there – she has a (short) list to follow that should help the habit changing process.
- Melissa gave some book recommendations/reviews in a Side Note. I will definitely check them out.
- Scott Young explains why You Can’t Set Goals to Fix Your Flaws. He says self improvement is about maximizing who you already are, not about erasing every nit-picky flaw. It’s a really interesting post. This is one of my favorite blogs.
- One of my sponsors, Crocs, is having a BOGO sale on sandals!
- Bubblegum Gym Kat tells us why we should eat sitting down, not standing up. I’m bad at this one!
- Betherann’s Droolworthy post made me hungry for crumble. Yummo.
What I’m Reading (Books)
- For the honeymoon I kept reading material pretty easy – on the plane to Maui I read The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud. It reminded me a bit of Nicholas Sparks’ novels, but also of Mitch Albom’s The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Charlie St. Cloud is being made into a movie (it came out yesterday?) with Zac Efron. The book is one man’s interpretation of what happens to us after we die. There’s more to it than that
- Now I’m reading The Seer and the Sword (by Victoria Hanley), which I got at a used bookstore for $3.75 in Lahaina. I think it’s a young adult novel (it’s a very easy read) and it’s kind of sci-fi-ish/historical fiction. It’s set in medieval times and there is a girl who can see the future and there is also a magical sword. I’m liking it! I’m guessing it’s a romance but I haven’t gotten that far yet.
- Also got a few more books at the used bookstore and at B&N before we left, but I will save them for when I actually start reading them…
What are your finds this week? Any new blogs I should check out? Any blog gossip I’ve missed while I’ve been in Maui? (I’m blogging this at 7am local time, waiting for Bobby to wake up. We’ve been up super early this whole trip so I shouldn’t have to wait much longer.)