What’s Up Saturday – 8.14.10

I have some favorites to share for the week…

Blogland

Books

• I didn’t read that much this week, but I am working on Nicholas Sparks’ new book – The Lucky One. I don’t like it. I think I am over Nicholas Sparks’ writing style.
  • I have several health and wellness books on my shelf that I haven’t finished, like Eight Weeks to Optimum Health (Salvation Army find – $1.49). Maybe this week.

Fun

• I took a Core Fusion class on Thursday night (Dori hosted) and I got to meet up with Missy, Ilana, Angela, and a bunch of other bloggers. Recap to come. Lovely, lovely ladies.
  • Anne has a guest post for me that will go up on Monday. I’m very excited for it and you should be too!

Happy Saturday!

14 Comments on What’s Up Saturday – 8.14.10

14 August, 2010 at 1:42 pm (4 years ago)

I have the lucky one and didn’t finish it ;)

2. caronae
    14 August, 2010 at 2:11 pm (4 years ago)

I feel so honored that you shared my post! Really, though, it was a very important post for me to write, ya know? I adored HEAB’s post about the way she eats. One of the best I have read in a while. I must check out the other posts you cited. :)

I have never tried core fusion but would love to! Let me know if you are going to another class again soon!

And happy Saturday my dear!

3. April
    14 August, 2010 at 3:10 pm (4 years ago)

Coke zero and Coconut rum…that DOES sound good!

4. Pearl Lee
    14 August, 2010 at 3:53 pm (4 years ago)

coke zero and coconut rum DOES sound like a delicious combination. hehe.

i’ve read a couple of nicholas sparks’ novels, as well, and i do think that they’re almost similar. it may just be that i get tired of romance novels easily.

but thank you for re-linking to all of those wonderful posts!

5. theemptynutjar
    14 August, 2010 at 4:12 pm (4 years ago)

I’m reading The Chronicles of Narnia now. Love reading.

6. Dori
    14 August, 2010 at 9:12 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you for coming to class, excited for your recap!!

7. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    14 August, 2010 at 9:47 pm (4 years ago)

Oh gosh, I’m so waiting for Coke to come out with caffeine free Coke Zero…then I would be in big trouble!

I’ve decided not a fan of Nicholas Sparks – I think he writes like a 25 year old woman.

Thanks for the link love Maggie, and I hope you’ve recovered from your night out. :)

8. Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15)
    14 August, 2010 at 10:32 pm (4 years ago)

Because Intuitive Eating is something I’m working on, your IE posts are AWESOME for me. Have a lovely weekend!

9. clare
    14 August, 2010 at 11:05 pm (4 years ago)

the ol’ rum ‘n coke! hehe maggie, too cute. id like to see you post a cocktail recipe.

or maybe a cocktail oats inspired recipe…coconut rum banana oats?

i really liked HEAB’s post too: “So, how do you know what the best way of eating for you is? Sorry, but I can’t tell you.” yup yup.

10. Mimi
    15 August, 2010 at 4:31 pm (4 years ago)

Haha, at least your drink of choice seemed summer appropriate! I used to think that veering from intuitive eating was a failure, but now I know it’s part of the JOURNEY.

11. Danielle (Runs on Green)
    15 August, 2010 at 9:21 pm (4 years ago)

Coconut rum used to be my favoriteeee :D

The blogger yoga class sounds like it would have been fun!

12. Rob
    15 August, 2010 at 10:58 pm (4 years ago)

Glad we got to hang out this weekend! And never fear, I bought some more Malibu yesterday afternoon, in case you noticed it was running out :)

13. Eden
    16 August, 2010 at 12:17 am (4 years ago)

I can’t drink cause I have liver issues, but I put coke with coconut extract all the time actually! love the links, I even linked heab’s post on my recent post.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on What’s Up Saturday – 8.14.10