What’s Up Saturday – 8.21.10

Time for another best of the week post:

Bloggieville

Food!

Media (this is usually books, but…)

• I’ve been in a major funk all week and have not read. I have to snap out of it a bit.
  • So I give you Dishing Up Nutrition podcasts. These are super interesting. They are big fans of fats like butter, whole eggs, and veggies. The one thing I’m still on the fence about is their obsession with protein.  Has anyone listened to these or have any input? I’m really intrigued.
  • Great NYTimes article about why us 20-somethings are so lost. Long read, but worth it.

Useful Schtuff

That’s enough for now. Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.

What are your weekend plans?

15 Comments on What’s Up Saturday – 8.21.10

1. julie
    21 August, 2010 at 1:34 pm (4 years ago)

oh! i’m so interested in reading that ny times article! thanks for posting it girl :)

hope you have a great weekend!

2. Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15)
    21 August, 2010 at 2:25 pm (4 years ago)

As always, great links!

Lol, profanity? I fucking LOVE profanity! I’m German-Irish, it’s an expression of my culture!

3. Marina
    21 August, 2010 at 2:51 pm (4 years ago)

I saw on Facebook when you posted that article about 20-somethings being so lost today and it’s SO true! I don’t know a single person in their 20′s (myself included) that is doing well or is able to support themselves. Things completely fell apart for me and my boyfriend over money too. :(

Missy is definitely right… I think people are INSANE for ordering a dessert and then taking only one bite… I mean WTF?!?!

4. Melissa
    21 August, 2010 at 2:52 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for sending me that NYT article! It rang so true for me…crazy :)

5. Missy Maintains
    21 August, 2010 at 3:06 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for the shout out! I’m glad I’m not the only one who needs more than one bite!

6. sophia
    21 August, 2010 at 3:20 pm (4 years ago)

I’m wondering if I’m considered a healthy living blog, since I do love my fast food as well. Hm.

I’m going off for a froyo, TJ, and Target run! :D

7. caronae
    21 August, 2010 at 3:49 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for sharing the 20-somethings article; I read it when you emailed it to me. Definitely interesting. I like to think I’m not floundering, but it is hard to be a 20-something right now, undeniably.

Happy weekend!

8. theemptynutjar
    21 August, 2010 at 3:55 pm (4 years ago)

I really enjoy these saturday wrap-ups. Great stuff.
    I wish I had someone to go on a walk with also. I take one daily walk per day and it is quite boring…
    I just finished up The Chronicles of Narnia (all 7 books).
    I get in funks with reading too…I can read several books in a short time…then go forever with absolutely no mental capactity or concentration to read at all.

21 August, 2010 at 5:15 pm (4 years ago)

I really like these wrap-ups! great tips and articles to read! ;)

10. clare
    21 August, 2010 at 11:06 pm (4 years ago)

great song. great.

11. Gaby
    22 August, 2010 at 12:56 am (4 years ago)

This weekend has been so great for me! It started thursday with a veggie dog grill out for my friends Bday, slow morning with french toast yesterday, then yoga training followed by a Green Mixer and movie screening last night at a local coffee shop with owners of Houston’s “green” restaurants and farmer’s markets (and food too!), the fun continued today with another lazy morning reading by my pool, another yoga training sesh, pool party another friend invited me to where I met a ton of new people who I ended up hanging out with til pretty late. Tomorrow I have movie plans with them! :)

I’m the same way about phones and keeping in touch with people in general, I always say I’ll catch up with emails later and then forget and never get around to it. BUT we’ll have to make an exception since I’ll be in NY from Sept. 14-19th and we have to get together!

12. Jill
    22 August, 2010 at 6:57 pm (4 years ago)

Those super charge me cookies are awesome! I miss our walks and whole foods groupie sessions too! :)

13. Kimberly
    22 August, 2010 at 9:02 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for all the links. I enjoyed Missy’s blog! When I tried to go to Kim’s, it didn’t work–hmm. Anyway, these types of post are neat because they help people find blogs they would not find otherwise. ;)

14. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)
    23 August, 2010 at 2:14 am (4 years ago)

wow so many great links!! thank you maggie! and a few new to me blogs, yay!

your whole rant on email..girl. I get about 100 emails daily from my blog. comment notifications + readers emailing me. Plus the normal sponsors, companies, etc. Many days it’s more like 150. It’s a JOB! And people wonder why i put an autoresponder on my blog email that says ummm, im just one person, sorry if i dont get back to you. Or very timely. Glad to know im not alone in beginnning to hate email. And i NEVER answer my phone. It’s always on silent. And I am in stealth on Gmail chat, Buzz, etc..