Lots of goodies for you this week.
- How did you eat as a kid? My dad tells me my first food was soft-serve ice cream. Or dog food. He can’t remember. Read the comments.
- Being Honest
- Wedding Stuff
- Some goals! (These are going really well.)
Around the Web
- The New York Times has a great article on the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis – Does Your Language Shape the Way You Think?
- My old nutrition professor contributed to this new site: The Simple Skillet. It’s a free meal-planning website with grocery lists, recipes, nutrition info, and lots of other resources. I will send her any feedback you have!
- Huffington Post article by a guy who traveled the world for 3 years. He learned a lot.
- Remember the 20-something article from last week? The author also wrote about anxiety (Understanding the Anxious Mind), and Kim wrote a great response.
- I linked to Missy last week, and I have to link to her Owning It post this week. Good stuff I think the theme of the week is honesty.
- Blog Arsenal: 54 Tools, Apps, Plugins & Websites Every Blogger Must Know
- Heather redid her blog and it looks awesome
- Lisa discovered my favorite food.
- I really liked this post. To me it spoke about how we feel a lot of pressure, but the only reason we feel so much pressure is because we’re putting it on ourselves! So unnecessary.
Food & Beauty
- Have you heard of 7-Up Cake? I might try it.
- Eden’s lessons from culinary school. Useful! And funny. (This is from a blog, but it goes here because it’s food.)
- If you live in NYC, please use this awesome waxing place. I just found her this week. Cash/check only, tax & tip included.
- Albina’s Spa has the best facial ever. It is a little bit pricey, but Albina is knowledgeable, explains everything she’s doing, and helps you figure out what you need to do to make your skin glow.
That’s about it! Do you have any Saturday finds for me?