As I write this I am on a bus down to Washington, DC. Last night I was gchatting with one of my best friends and decided to take a short and very spontaneous trip down to visit her. See you soon Coco! The last time I saw her was at my wedding which was over a month ago. (Coco’s recap is here.)
But more on that later. It’s time for another weekly roundup post.
In Salad News
- A metaphor, wedding photos, email commenting for WordPress, and eating to feel good were my topics this week.
- It’s not very noticeable, but I did update some of the content and some of the pages on my site. Just a personal preference thing. You can poke around though if you want.
Around the Blogs
- Newlyweds Next Door had a great post on budgeting and tracking expenses. We’ve been slacking in this department! I will try out her tips. Here are more resources from NwND (last year’s post when they started).
- Kim’s post on weekends was a great read. It’s important to destress on weekends; we need something to look forward to each week and our bodies need the unstressed time to recharge. My dad and I had a convo (email convo anyway) about that this week.
- Christie’s round-up this week is especially good. Love these links. (Her roundups are always good.)
- Fooducate, a new-to-me blog, discusses the issue that diet and exercise on their own will not fix the fact that the world is getting fat. There has to be some kind of seismic societal shift. I’m inclined to agree with them. Because…
- Everyone has food issues nowadays. The last time we didn’t have issues was when we were animals living in the woods. This is why we are not intuitive anymore and why intuitive eating can be such a struggle.
- Bobby and I went to see The 39 Steps last night on broadway. It’s an Alfred Hitchcock play and it is absolutely hysterical.
- Penelope Trunk talks about How to Express Your True Self at Work. I thought this was really interesting, and not just applicable at work, but in life too.
- Click here for a laugh 🙂
- Charlie’s post on the male brain versus the female brain also cracked me up, and made me think. It’s all about brains this week, eh?
- DC2NY is the bus company I’m using. $55 round trip from NY to DC (or the other way ’round). They have free wi-fi and it’s fast (4.5-ish hours).
That’s all, folks. I owe you a skincare post next week, and probably more stuff on intuitive eating. I also have a great guest post coming up too!