This week’s “What’s Up Saturday” edition coming to you on Sunday. Yesterday was a day for remembering, so the blog stayed silent. I was also away from the computer all day (!). I was helping out at meeting’s annual fall flea market and eating my mom’s amazing food. Driving back into the city late last night we saw this:
I do like that memorial. It is strange to be living in this city; 9 years ago I was in New Jersey in my third period math class (I was a sophomore in high school) when everything started. But on a happier note…
- I already did a wrapup on Thursday, but…
- NuNaturals Stevia Giveaway (ends Wednesday)
- NuNaturals Coupon (15% off)
- Answered a few more questions about skin in the comments
For some reason I don’t have as many starred articles this week. (I star my articles in Google Reader to save them for this post.)
Food & Blogs
- Really want to make Erica’s Gluten-Free Challah (I am not Jewish nor am I allergic to gluten)
- Coco had a great quote about LIFE
- Katie had a really great post on being scared of hunger. Felt like the words could have come right out of my mouth!
- And when I was having a rough day yesterday, I woke up to read this post and felt a little better.
- Only one third of Americans consume 2+ servings of fruit a day… and juice counts as fruit. Only one fourth consume 3+ servings of veggies… and the most popular veggie is a potato (potato = GMO’d fries). Read more at Fooducate.
Music & Writing
- Top 10 Alternative Albums You Should Own (from Listverse) – I already have Vampire Weekend, Mumford and Sons (who we are seeing in November), and Postal Service. I really like those 3 so I will have to check out the rest! (I do not like Passion Pit, but oh well.)
- Even if you don’t want to do something, if you can make yourself do it for just 20 minutes, you will probably keep doing it. This is exactly why I’m doing the 30 Days of Yoga – I know I love yoga, and every time I do it for 20 minutes I am so happy afterwards. It just takes a little bit of oomph to get started.
- The Arcade Fire teamed up with Google for this awesome reminiscing video. My coworkers and I enjoyed watching this this week! Put in the address where you grew up and enjoy. (P.S. It’s completely coded in HTML5. Who needs flash anyway?)
- (NYC) Like Broadway? Well maybe you will like Off Broadway just as much for $20 a ticket. (9/7/10 – 9/19/10)
- (All over) Did you ever miss a Groupon that you wanted? Or do you have too many? On Lifesta you can buy and sell your daily deals.
Enjoy, and as usual, let me know your favorites from the week. If you haven’t entered already, you have until Wednesday to enter the stevia giveaway. There will be 4 winners and there are 3 ways to enter so get all your entries in!
Also, if you want to update me about your yoga routines, please do so on the 30 Days of Yoga page. I am keeping up with it! (So is Gaby.) You do not have to do yoga every day to update! It’s a whenever-you-want kind of thing.
Have a lovely peaceful Sunday