Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

I never did a honeymoon recap (and I don’t know if I will; it would be a long post) but I did want to share a few things. We left Philadelphia early early early 2 days after the wedding (wedding was a Saturday; this was a Monday).

01 honeymoon 265x400 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

We got off the plane exhausted at the airport in Maui, and the rental car attendant kindly informed us that there was a Whole Foods just a few miles away where we could grab lunch.

02 whole foods maui 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)05 whole foods maui maggie 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

We got to see some overpriced carrots (Maui has to import just about everything, so things are expensive – this is an issue for another post though! Going local is so important).

07 expensive whole foods carrots 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

Sampled ceviche and some berry drink.

09 whole foods ceviche maui 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)10 berry green whole foods samples maui 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

And finally got food.

12 whole foods maui lunch 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

We ate outside under some nice umbrella’d picnic tables.

03 whole foods maui 400x265 Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

And then we were on our way! Great first honeymoon meal.

And I’m back to work… Don’t forget about the stevia giveaway! You have just over 2 days left to enter. (And there are only 2 days until my birthday!)

14 Comments on Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)

1. Melissa
    13 September, 2010 at 10:24 am (4 years ago)

Happy almost birthday, Maggie! (in case I don’t remember because, let’s be honest, I’m not so great with dates haha) Your honeymoon in Maui sounds like it was awesome :)

• Maggie
      13 September, 2010 at 11:29 am (4 years ago)

@Melissa: Thanks!

2. Eden
    13 September, 2010 at 11:26 am (4 years ago)

I didn’t think hawaii needed a whole foods with all the wonderful produce that grows there! happy earlier birthday! so many bdays in the blogosphere latley! Can I send you a gift?

• Maggie
      13 September, 2010 at 11:28 am (4 years ago)

@Eden: Sure! As long as I can send you one when it’s your birthday I can email you my address if you need it.

13 September, 2010 at 11:42 am (4 years ago)

this was just the nudge I need to go figure out where there’s one near me. And I may just need to hop on a plane and get to hawaii one day.

ahhhhh

so nice

4. Kim
    13 September, 2010 at 12:04 pm (4 years ago)

I’ve been to that Whole Foods :) We stocked up a couple times while we were there in April. They gave us a free tote bag that I bring to work every day. Haha.

5. theemptynutjar
    13 September, 2010 at 1:12 pm (4 years ago)

You look so pretty. You and your hubby are a cute couple.

6. Ameena
    13 September, 2010 at 1:35 pm (4 years ago)

Food is so expensive in Hawaii! And it wasn’t very good – or maybe we just didn’t know where to eat?? Too bad we didn’t run into a WF because that would have been a much cheaper and better option!

You guys look very cute together.

7. elise
    13 September, 2010 at 4:39 pm (4 years ago)

hooray for a hawaiian honeymoon!! we were in kauai for ours, but im very familiar with maui. i go every year bc my parents have a place there. gah, i wanna go back already!

• Maggie
      13 September, 2010 at 4:44 pm (4 years ago)

@Elise: Me too!! Stinks that “the honeymoon’s over”. Wah :(

8. Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear
    14 September, 2010 at 3:06 am (4 years ago)

Happy bday! with the time difference it’s safer to congratulate you now :)

• Maggie
      14 September, 2010 at 7:08 am (4 years ago)

@Anne: haha, very true. Thank you!

9. Shirley Lopez
    26 December, 2012 at 6:17 am (2 years ago)

Holy crap! Hot!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Hawaiian Whole Foods (Honeymoon)