Today is the day that voting opens for the Next Food Blog Star. Oh boy. I have been popping in at other blogs around the blogosphere reading their entries (see mine here) and I am so inspired to be the best food blogger I can be. I hope you will check out my profile (or others) and vote (please vote for me! but if you like someone else’s better, vote for them). I have discovered a lot of very cool bloggers thanks to this challenge.
Good luck to all! Go vote!
Now that I’m done being sappy, I will share with you the cool breakfast cookie recipe that I created last week – these little guys are fun to eat for breakfast. They’re coconutty, dense/moist, but not too heavy, and not too sweet. They’re not the ubiquitous “breakfast cookie” seen on nearly every single healthy living blog (yes I’ve made it); they are much different and do not involve oatmeal. (They do involve coconut; I am obsessed with coconut lately. Sorry Kim and Dad! I think it is delicious.)
Maggie’s Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Cookie – Stovetop Baking!
- 1 and 2/3 cups quinoa flakes (I am sure you can substitute with some other grain, but I had quinoa flakes and wanted to use them)
- 2/3 cup grated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia (or more of a different sweetener – I used Trader Joe’s stevia here)
- 1.5 cups almond milk (I used vanilla unsweetened)
- 2 whole eggs
- Preheat your griddle over low heat. (My griddle is nonstick, so I don’t use oil/butter when I use it. You should use oil if yours is not nonstick.)
- Mix together the dry ingredients – flakes, coconut, salt, stevia. Add the oil and almond milk; stir. Beat the eggs together and then add them in and mix some more.
- Drop 1/2 cupfuls of batter onto the griddle. Cook on the first side for 5 minutes.
- Flip the cookies and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Makes 15 breakfast cookies.
You can have about 5-6 of these for a good breakfast (they’re not that big) – very filling, and definitely a yummy thing to wake up to. I like spreading them with a little bit of butter.
- Vote in the Next Food Blog Star contest
- Go enter my book giveaway (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
- I updated my yoga progress (LOVE yoga!)
- Have a good Monday (ha)