Sorry for not posting this on Saturday as usual! Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes (fortunately). I think that part of being a good blogger is knowing that it’s okay to take a break for a day if you have other things in your life going on. This Saturday I had an all day choir “retreat” which was really fun – we sang, lunched, had a little workshop with a great voice teacher, and sang some more. That night Bobby and I hung out with a college friend and didn’t get back until late.
Salad Week in Review
- I made it through the first round of Project Food Blog. Just posted my second entry yesterday. (First entry here.) Please vote for me! Click here and click the heart icon to cast your vote. You have 200 votes so make sure to check out the other entries too
- I’m hosting a $65 gift card giveaway – enter by Wednesday!
- I splurged…
- Had some yummy New York vegan eats.
- Said thanks.
- And ate squash for breakfast. (I also ate coconut “cookies”.)
Around the Blogs
- Men Lie More But Women Lie Better. Yes, he’s lying when he says he’s on his way home. And yes, I’m lying when I say that I didn’t throw that out.
- What’s Your Dream Job? I like all the jobs on this list.
- Ever worry about the fact that blog content is so utterly public? Here are some tips about what to share and what to keep private.
Other Stuff I Think Is Cool
- This is a great article about the misconceptions about Libertarians. We’re an oft misunderstood group 😉
- Ten Words that Can’t Be Translated Into English. Cool list of funky sayings in other languages!
- If you have bought too many Groupons (or other deals), you can sell them in two places now: Lifesta and Dealigee. (I haven’t used either one yet but I do have a few things I want to sell. Let me know if you’ve used them!)
- If you’re local to New York, you may want to check out Peter Berley’s Thanksgiving cooking class. I took a course with him earlier this year and loved it. We’re thinking of doing this one too.
- I took a “Nia” class at my gym. Loved it. More on this later. Have you ever taken Nia?
- Also took “Fit, Fierce, & Fabulous” – too hardcore for me. I’ll stick with my yoga/pilates/ballet/nia classes 😉
- I have an email problem. In the last week I have sent 45 emails total. I have received thousands. How can I stop them??