Today is almost a palindrome! 10-02-2010 –> 1002::2010. It’s close. I’m so glad the weather is finally getting fall-like. I will be sad in a few weeks when it starts getting too cold though.
Today is also one of my best friend’s birthdays – Happy Birthday Mel!
And today is also another round of What’s Up Saturday. In case you’ve been wondering how I get my cool links, here’s the scoop – my awesome husband sends me lots of articles during the week in addition to all the blogs that I read and I post my favorites here.
In Salad News…
- Another best friend came to visit! Coco and I hung out all day yesterday and most of today. My recap here. Her recap here.
- I did lots of fun workouts. Recap 1 here. Recap 2 here. Today is the first day I didn’t do a class – instead I walked a lot with Coco and Bobby. We ate at one of our favorite places – Good Health Cafe. Last night we got Souen which was also delicious.
- Shared some marriage/relationship advice from Maui. Great comments!
- My thoughts on tea and a traditional Japanese recipe.
- Do you have a healthy gut? Good comments here too!
Around the Blogs
- Kim had a cool post about how people that value happiness might actually be unhappier. Oh no.
- 50 Ways to Think of Topics to Blog About (great list)
- Yes you ARE getting enough protein. You are probably getting too much, in fact. (I posted about the great protein myth earlier this year too. “How much protein do I really need?” had a lot of great comments too.)
- Sagan started up The Food Label Movement. She is a really inspirational young woman. Check it out if you have a chance.
Other Cool & Fun Stuff
- Want to live forever? Break your habits. One of the best articles I have read in a long time; it’s from NPR. (Love NPR.)
- How Controversy Works. This was a hysterical comic.
- I love Sweet Disposition (a song) by a band called Temper Trap. Bobby went to see them last night.
I also got a hair cut today after Coco left. It’s short-ish! Bobby hates it when I cut my hair short because he loves my hair long. I love it short though – it was so annoying growing it out for the wedding. Now that we are married I can cut it short and he is stuck with me. Hehehe. Just kidding – kind of.
What’s up for you this Saturday? This weekend? Any good stuff to share?
We are about to head out to dinner at this place. Tomorrow my plans are up in the air aside from the workouts I’m going to try. Then it’s back to work on Monday, though I may try to get in a few hours of work this weekend too.
Like this post? Check out...
Tagged: weekend link love