Sisterly Love – A Sweet Night

First – an announcement: I finally made a Facebook Page for Say Yes to Salad! Like me pleeeeeeease icon smile Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

mudspot salad Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

My sister came into town last night. She has off today, so we are headed up to Providence to visit Brown (she is a senior in high school). We’re taking the Peter Pan bus (just $29.95 RT from NYC to Providence). I miss Julia! She was my maid of honor. She is also a vegetarian (going on 10 years probably – she hasn’t eaten meat since she was about 7).

meg julia wedding 266x400 Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

meg julia wedding3 400x267 Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

meg julia wedding5 266x400 Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

I still love looking at my wedding photos. (Tarantino Photo -> Featured Events -> Maggie & Robert. If you want the password to my gallery just email me.)

Last night when she arrived it was pouring rain. We decided to have a simple dinner at the Whole Foods hot/cold bar and we followed it up with The Lite Choice. Always a favorite. When we got home we enjoyed some digestive tea (from Coco!) sweetened with NuNaturals stevia (Julia loved it – she will probably be buying it herself).

coco digestive tea Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

We got girly and painted our nails. I got a new Essie color: silver. I almost always paint my nails a dark shimmery brown/red so I’m glad I psyched myself up for a change.

essie nails 400x271 Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

nails Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

I ate grapes (Julia was full; I think my stomach is larger than the average person’s because I can always eat – this is annoying sometimes).

grapes 400x299 Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

And we watched an episode of Taboo, a show on National Geographic about weird things in different cultures (on Netflix streaming).

Taboo tv logo Sisterly Love   A Sweet Night

And then Julia conked out. She’s been working like crazy – the (amazingly smart) girl is taking 5 AP classes, she works at an organic farm, she volunteers, she’s in clubs, and she has a very busy social life. Sometimes I wish I was back in high school again though, because she is so happy and innocent.

Do you have siblings? What do you do together?

15 Comments on Sisterly Love – A Sweet Night

15 October, 2010 at 7:43 am (4 years ago)

I wish I had a sister! You just perfectly described my first impression on Julia: happy and innocent! :)

2. Rose
    15 October, 2010 at 8:53 am (4 years ago)

Aw, sibling love is beautiful. I often wish I had a sister. Luckily I have a bunch of soul sisters in my life who feel like the same thing :)

3. melissa @ the delicate place
    15 October, 2010 at 9:45 am (4 years ago)

aww looks like you had a great time :) i have one younger brother a couple years younger than me. we go to concerts, dinner, mini golf, just chatting. i have silver polish too but it’s my “winter” nails i’m rocking pumpkin colored right now :)

4. Rachel
    15 October, 2010 at 10:01 am (4 years ago)

Very cute pictures!
    I love going to Whole Foods for an easy dinner but I always end up getting more food than I can eat (eyes bigger than stomach).

5. Kim
    15 October, 2010 at 12:05 pm (4 years ago)

Aw, I love the pictures of you two. I have a special place in my heart for sister relationships. My sister is younger than me, but by less than 2 years. We’ve had our on and off phases, but we really are so similar at our cores.

6. Amber Shea @Almost Vegan
    15 October, 2010 at 1:19 pm (4 years ago)

I “like” you on FB! :)

I have a little sister, but she’s pretty much the mirror opposite of me in every possible way :( We don’t really talk. I always wished I had a sibling I could connect with.

7. Gaby
    15 October, 2010 at 3:17 pm (4 years ago)

Aw you two are so cute!! And I still can’t get over your wedding dress, It’s stunning!
    I have two younger brothers. One is at the University of Texas but has a fancy shmancy fellowship and is working in DC right now. I wish I were closer to him, but he’s kind of the odd one in the family in the sense that he has no desire or need to be abnormally close to anyone in my family. My youngest brother is a junior in high school and also a genius. He spends most of his time working with his engineering time, but he’s a lot of fun to be around and we’re spending more time together now as he gets older, so that makes me happy :)

8. Kath (Eating for Living)
    15 October, 2010 at 6:36 pm (4 years ago)

You look so beautiful together! I’m happy you have such a good relationship with your sister – this is something valuable!

I’m an only child – the “onliest” only child you can imagine actually, I don’t even have cousins. (My Dad’s an only shild, too, and my Mom had a brother but he died several years ago and always lived far away from us, and he didn’t have a family himself.) Perhaps this is why I’m so self-sufficient, I’ve always played on my own.

9. Christina (Dinner at Christina's)
    15 October, 2010 at 7:33 pm (4 years ago)

I have a younger brother. He’s 22. Being opposite sex, we don’t do too much together. We keep in contact mainly through Facebook messages and joke around when we’re together. We both have the same sense of humor, although I think he’s a lot funnier than I am. I have a ton of first cousins, a lot of which are girls too. We’re all very close.

Taboo sounds interesting! We have Netflix streaming, I’ll have to look into it.

10. Stephanie
    15 October, 2010 at 8:44 pm (4 years ago)

You and your sister are so beautiful. And how fun to get to spend time together like that :)

My sister is 2 1/2 years younger than me and up until June we lived a couple of blocks from each other. That was so awesome and I miss her. She’s only an hour away now but it seems like 10. When we get together we like to walk and talk and we love to go shopping together.

Have a great time with your little sis!

11. Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear
    17 October, 2010 at 3:56 am (4 years ago)

You two look gorgeous :) I have half-siblings but none of them has lived with me so we met on holidays and on weekends, but I must admit the bond is not very strong.

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Sisterly Love – A Sweet Night

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619