Happy Halloween! Last year we were handing out candy. Two years ago I was still blogging about my daily eats (!).
If I were (aside: what is your opinion on subjunctive? I use it sometimes but not always) home at my parents’ house I could find all sorts of pictures of great kiddie costumes from when I was younger, but I will give you one of my favorites – Maggie the Pumpkin. It is so telling – who knew that I would grow up to love pumpkin so much? (I have posted this before but I just love the picture.)
I do have one more photo – Maggie the Witch. My mom made all of these costumes, by the way. She is great at sewing and she also makes me lots of beautiful quilts. My dad was always the photographer.
What is your favorite Halloween Costume?
Onto What’s Up
- CSN Giveaway – ends Wednesday.
- My Addictions. (You guys left some good ones in the comments too.)
- My cat (Bo) was sick He is better now. More details here.
- I guest posted on how to get in the blogging mood.
- Healthy Monday Tip #2 – Reducing waste.
Food & Fitness Links
- Mark posted a bunch of Primal Holiday Desserts and I really want to try them. Coconut Macademia Bark? Primal Chocolate Chip Cookies? Count me in. (I started reading Mark’s blog off and on when I became obsessed with fat. Then I became even more obsessed this month and now I actually subscribe.)
- Kimberly posted about ways to Beat the Bloat. (My recent tip to beat the bloat – eat fat. Eat lots of fat. It doesn’t make you fat. More on this later.)
- Grain Free Bread – Melissa is always posting great recipes.
- Avoid liver damage and other bad things by eating more saturated fat. (Lots of fat talk today – good fat talk!)
Other Links (Linguistics, etc…)
- Interesting article on Why We Friend Each Other on Facebook. Talks about why we friend the people we friend (example – maybe we have things in common) and even discusses whether or not we’re more or less likely to friend people of the same race.
- Listverse has another linguistics post – 10 Fascinating Word Pairs.
- Ever wonder how much your pet costs over its lifetime? Actually less than I had thought.
- Article on Why We Procrastinate. We procrastinate with *everything* apparently – and especially things that are good for us.
We are currently in Washington, D.C. We came up for the rally yesterday. It was great. We are about to head out for lunch and then walk around the city and see the touristy sites (Bobby has never been here before). And I need to get some coffee, asap. I bought the new Starbucks VIA yesterday (the flavored kind) and it turns out that it is sweetened… fail. But Bobby likes it.
Lots of things to ask today…