Joe’s Ginger Review (Chinatown)

Joe’s Ginger

The other week we went to Chinatown in search of soup dumplings.

We ended up not at Joe’s Shanghai (1+ hour wait) but instead at the sister of Joe’s Shanghai: Joe’s Ginger. I believe they are run by the same people. We went here with Bobby’s parents so this must have been in mid-October. The soup dumplings were delicious by the way. Next time we go we are going to just order a whole bunch of dumplings.

12 Comments on Joe’s Ginger Review (Chinatown)

1. Yin
    19 November, 2010 at 1:42 pm (5 years ago)

Never heard of Joe’s Ginger but it does sound like the sister of Joe’s Shanghai. Have you been to Shanghai Cafe? I go there when I’m in the mood for some Shanghai food despite the bad serivce, but it’s Chinatown :/

I’ve heard so much about Angelica Kitchen and I’m waiting for the right time to go. Glad to see a review from you!

By the way, is there any other vegan/vegetarian restaurant you would recommend that is affordable and tasty (unemployed individuals here!)? Or maybe even Indian or Italian restaurants? In Manhattan or Brooklyn is good, thanks :)

19 November, 2010 at 2:27 pm (5 years ago)

same here. screw up the budgeting thing… I’m just spend on whatever please me! ;)

3. Pearl Lee
    19 November, 2010 at 3:22 pm (5 years ago)

ya maggie! do what works for you and keeps you balanced and happy!

4. clare
    19 November, 2010 at 4:55 pm (5 years ago)

Man alive Maggie, you find the coolest dishes!

Looking forward to your “to-do list” posting…I love my list making!

5. Lew
    19 November, 2010 at 8:50 pm (5 years ago)

This post really made me laugh. Screw the Budget.. Have a great weekend
    Lew

6. Tiffany
    20 November, 2010 at 10:15 am (5 years ago)

OH, wow, Maggie, both food photos look amazing. The dumplings look and sound fabulous, and I’m sure they tasted even better!! :) Are they veggie dumplings, or meat?

• Maggie
      20 November, 2010 at 11:31 am (5 years ago)

@Tiffany: They were meat! I don’t think Chinatown has many veg-friendly options. There is a vegetarian dim sum place on the same street this restaurant was on (Pell Street) but I haven’t been there yet.

• Tiffany
        20 November, 2010 at 7:54 pm (5 years ago)

Oh, just curious–I eat meet these days! :)

7. Kath (Eating for Living)
    20 November, 2010 at 2:27 pm (5 years ago)

This shows so well how you can get the best of everything when you mix well. :)

8. Krista
    21 November, 2010 at 8:53 am (5 years ago)

The pantry plate looks fabulous! I don’t think that’s a meal I could find anywhere around here.