Not too much to report on this week. Here are some great things I read in the last seven days:
- Turkey Tweak: Grill It!
- Women are their own worst enemies, study finds. Sometimes it sucks to be a girl.
- Food Dogmatism and Ideologically Motivated Eating. Really good post by one of my favorite bloggers.
- Senate to Equal Pay for Women: Drop Dead. A potentially awesome bill that might have helped close the gap in pay between men and women is DOA. Sad
- Women in the Netherlands work less, have lesser titles and a big gender pay gap, and they love it. An interesting juxtaposition to the previous article. I can’t decide which I would prefer now. I am not incredibly ambitious (career-wise) but I do know that many women are. Hm.
- Want to live longer? Eat less. And here’s why. Interesting article on calorie restriction.
- Epilepsy’s Big, Fat Miracle. A crazy-cool article on how epilepsy can be managed by a very high-fat (90%) diet.
- Hi Pies! One of my other favorite bloggers is back in action.
And here are some useful sites that are not new to this past week, but I want to share anyway:
- Khan Academy. A former hedge fund analyst started making videos on various science and math-y topics to tutor his cousins remotely. Turns out that he’s quite good at taking complicated subjects and explaining them via YouTube. He has videos on everything from Harmonic Motion (physics) to Organic Chemistry to basic Math and more.
- Cal Newport’s Blog, Study Hacks. He’s the author of 3 books, How to Be a High School Superstar, How to Become a Straight-A Student, and How to Win at College. He has great tips for non-students, too.
- Joshua Bell plays violin in a metro station. No one notices. This says something about our ability to appreciate beauty in unexpected places.
Think that’s it! Come back for Healthy Monday tomorrow. I haven’t decided what I am posting about yet.