- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cups of chopped parsnips, turnips, rutabega (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (frozen, TJ’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey (2-3 teaspoons each)
- romaine lettuce and spinach base
- your favorite dressing (optional)
- Heat ghee in a wok over high heat. Add the chopped root veggies and the grated ginger. Saute until they start to brown, then add the water.
- Let the water cook down and evaporate. Add the broccoli, sesame seeds, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey.
- Cook until the broccoli is done.
- Let cool slightly and serve atop fresh salad greens. I added bragg’s liquid aminos and Trader Joe’s raspberry dressing.
The concept of this salad is pretty simple and you can swap out the veggies for ones you like or have on hand.
This is a great way to get salads in during the winter when it’s chilly and you’re craving something warm.