Here are some cool reads I found in the last week and a half or so.
- What does 300 calories actually look like? – This shows the difference between homemade 300-calorie meals and premade/restaurant 300-calorie meals. The restaurant ones are teeny tiny.
- The secret of self-control: DON’T.If you are trying to break a habit it turns out you have to just suck it up and stop doing whatever it is that you don’t like. Ha.
- If It Were My Home.com. This awesome site lets you compare things like oil consumption, chance of dying in infancy (!), salary, amount of free time, and more. Here is: If I Lived In France.
- Tiny Street Art Project. Cool tiny art.
- Jack LaLanne dies at 96; spiritual father of U.S. fitness movement.
- All-electric car from Nissan: the Leaf. If I needed a car maybe I would buy this one. Would you?
Also, I finished that book I mentioned the other day, and it was wonderful. I think I am going to go get a biography of Laura Bush. She seems like an interesting lady. I’m currently working on…
Case Histories, by Kate Atkinson.
Summary: Private detective Jackson Brodie—ex-cop, ex-husband and weekend dad—takes on three cases involving past crimes that occurred in and around London. The first case introduces two middle-aged sisters who, after the death of their vile, distant father, look again into the disappearance of their beloved sister Olivia, last seen at three years old, while they were camping under the stars during an oppressive heat wave. A retired lawyer who lives only on the fumes of possible justice next enlists Jackson’s aid in solving the brutal killing of his grown daughter 10 years earlier. In the third dog-eared case file, the sibling of an infamous ax-bludgeoner seeks a reunion with her niece, who as a baby was a witness to murder.
Can’t put it down.
What are you reading? What news stories or articles have you liked in the last week?