Recipe: Bomb Ass Impromptu Slaw Salad

The title says it all.

01 slaw salad 400x265 Recipe: Bomb Ass Impromptu Slaw Salad

Bomb Ass = awesome.

Impromptu = random stuff in my fridge. (This salad is from a few weeks ago, so I currently don’t have these ingredients. Must go get olives.)

Slaw = cabbage.

Dressing

• olive oil
  • bragg’s liquid aminos
  • turbinado sugar
  • salt and pepper

Method

1. Saute cabbage and onions in butter or ghee. (Or other oil, but butter is what makes anything awesome.)
  2. Chop romaine and olives.
  3. Top romaine with olives and the sauteed veggies.
  4. Drizzle salad with the dressing ingredients. Mix it all together well. Enjoy with friends.

02 slaw salad 400x265 Recipe: Bomb Ass Impromptu Slaw Salad

I am battling a horrible cold/flu so I am going to go back to my couch and my vegetarian chicken broth.

What would your bomb ass salad include?

14 Comments on Recipe: Bomb Ass Impromptu Slaw Salad

1. carolinebee
    2 February, 2011 at 7:11 pm (3 years ago)

AH feel better Maggie- i just got over that grossness and it totally sucked :/ I was downing cough medicine like nobody’s biznass, and emergen-c!! As for my bomb-ass salad…definitely beets + avocados :D And dessert after!

• Maggie
      2 February, 2011 at 7:23 pm (3 years ago)

@carolinebee: ooo beets! good call. i need to get some beets :)

2. carin
    2 February, 2011 at 7:13 pm (3 years ago)

ugh i HATE colds/flu! so sorry. will send happy thoughts your way.

and i am itching to get home to my loaded vegan kitchen to cook for myself. so sick of protein bars and need some fresh veggies!

3. Beth @ To the Fullest
    2 February, 2011 at 7:49 pm (3 years ago)

Haha bomb ass. That’s great!

Feel better!! And thank you so much for the New Year’s card. I tweeted you some thanks, but wasn’t sure if you got that. So . . . thanks thanks thanks! :D

• Maggie
      2 February, 2011 at 8:55 pm (3 years ago)

@Beth: I got it! You’re welcome :)

4. storiesovertea
    2 February, 2011 at 8:31 pm (3 years ago)

Looks good Maggie. I’m not sure about olives :)
    I’ve never had amino braggs stuff…hmm..

• Maggie
      2 February, 2011 at 8:56 pm (3 years ago)

@storiesovertea: if you get the right kind of olives they are delicious! I think you just have to keep experimenting and trying new ones to find one that you like. The bragg’s stuff is great – similar to soy sauce.

5. Coco
    2 February, 2011 at 9:08 pm (3 years ago)

My kind of meal but haven’t had such salad for a long time. Need to remake it because it’s always so good.
    Feel better!

6. Eimear Rose
    3 February, 2011 at 2:23 am (3 years ago)

Hope you feel better soon. I’d love to see a recipe for veggie chicken broth- sounds good sick or not! Love the salad (mmm, olives!). In winter I like very finely sliced raw fennel, cold roasted root veggies and some toasted seeds in salads. A little chili pickle or chutney in the dressing helps keep my circulation firing.

7. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    3 February, 2011 at 8:32 am (3 years ago)

Maggie!!! When did you start blogging again (I never look at Google Reader)? I stopped by to look up one of your recipes and was so happy to see that you are posting again. Yay!

My bomb ass salad would included avocado, maybe some salmon, spinach, bleu cheese, bacon and your miso tahini dressing which is what I came here to find. :)

• Maggie
      3 February, 2011 at 8:38 am (3 years ago)

@Heather: I started a few weeks ago, but sporadically! Your salad sounds delish :)

8. Angela (the diet book junkie)
    3 February, 2011 at 5:38 pm (3 years ago)

haha…love the title of your post.:) i can appreciate all salads, but usually i make very simple ones, without even dressing (yes, i am *that* girl…)

9. Kristi Rimkus
    6 February, 2011 at 12:28 am (3 years ago)

I hope you’re feeling better. I was just looking for a slaw recipe for Super Bowl. I love the colors in your slaw. Lots of color equals healthy and delicious.

Kristi