Ambush Makeover. Weekend Link Love.

Sometimes I wish I could sit at home watching soap operas and eating bon bons all day.

bonbons Ambush Makeover. Weekend Link Love.

No, that’s a lie.

I would watch things like Ambush Makeover and eat 100-calorie cheesecake!

ambush makeover Carol 55 400x301 Ambush Makeover. Weekend Link Love.

(Source.)

09 100 calorie cheesecake 400x265 Ambush Makeover. Weekend Link Love.

That is no lie.

Onto more pertinent, important, realistic things. Like link love!

Weekend Link Love

Around the Blogs

In the Real World

That’s enough lovin‘ for me. Check out previous weekend link love here.

***

What are you doing this weekend?

15 Comments on Ambush Makeover. Weekend Link Love.

1. Lo
    4 February, 2011 at 11:57 am (3 years ago)

I dont think I have left a comment before, but I want to let you know I LOVE YOUR BLOG. It is so refreshing to read a blog that is actually interesting and that I feel isn’t just blogging to blog. Thanks for all the links and info!!!

xoxo
    Lo
    HoneyNutLo.com

• Maggie
      4 February, 2011 at 12:09 pm (3 years ago)

@Lo: Haha, thanks! Comments like these make me enjoy blogging even more :)

2. Biz
    4 February, 2011 at 12:12 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks for the shout out Maggie! I am thankful that my husband’s surgery will not interfere with his beloved football food for the Superbowl! All I know is so far he wants shrimp toast and artichoke dip – I’ll need to get to the gym tomorrow just to offset my eats on Sunday!

Have a great weekend!

3. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    4 February, 2011 at 12:56 pm (3 years ago)

Maggie,
    I love you for so many reasons!! Sunscreen is totally overrated – bring on the D!

OK, I want to try everything you linked to, including your cheesecake. Blasted dairy issues – might just try it anyway. :) Off to check out this blueberry coffecake jar combo.

Have a good weekend and thanks so much for the hot water/soaking grains tip. I’ll have to try that as I always forget to soak!

Oh, and tahini custard??? I have totally been craving tahini lately. Thanks for the link.

4. storiesovertea
    4 February, 2011 at 3:59 pm (3 years ago)

Wow,I love that you put up links. I need to check out the recipes. That tahini thingy sounds good.

5. Beth @ To the Fullest
    4 February, 2011 at 4:45 pm (3 years ago)

Mmm. Those bon bons are pretty. As for my weekend, the Best Husband Ever and I are going to be staying really social for a change! Settlers of Catan game night with friends this evening, then a birthday party for his friend tomorrow and a poi class for me tomorrow, and then a Superbowl party on Sunday during which we plan to mock all things football without mercy. ;)

Are you feeling better? Hope so! <3

• Maggie
      4 February, 2011 at 4:55 pm (3 years ago)

@Beth: yay for social! Wow, can’t believe you play Settlers – Bobby is always trying to get me to play either that or Puerto Rico (a game by the same company) but I can’t seem to focus long enough to get into them. Munchkin though (also the same company, I think) is GREAT. You should check that one out if you haven’t yet. Yes, I’m feeling better! THanks :)

6. Beth @ To the Fullest
    4 February, 2011 at 7:09 pm (3 years ago)

WE LOVE MUNCHKIN!!!!!!

Just saying. But we can’t find any couple-friends to play with us, just the hubby’s co-workers. Ah, well, it’s all good! Glad to know there are other Munchkin fans out there! :)

7. Marina
    4 February, 2011 at 9:21 pm (3 years ago)

I’ve always been very anti-sunscreen too… I mean I think a degree of it is good in makeup (like SPF 15, 20, etc.). But SPF 50? 60? 70? It just can’t be good for anyone!

8. Ali (Student On A Health Craze)
    5 February, 2011 at 10:35 am (3 years ago)

I’m such a sucker for ‘ambush makeover’ style shows! They’re fantastic in their awfulness! Your links all look delicious.

9. Baking 'n' Books
    5 February, 2011 at 9:40 pm (3 years ago)

Yeah, must check out that blueberry thing…anything with “streusel” in it has got to be good :)

10. Mimi (Gingersnaps)
    5 February, 2011 at 10:04 pm (3 years ago)

My TV crack of choice right now is My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. It’s so terrible it must be seen to be believed.

Ahahaa, LOVE the sunscreen link. I fry easily but I still hate wearing it unless I’m going to be right under scorching rays for an extended period of time. Which rarely happens because I hate lots of sun. Too many bad sunburns as a ginger kid.

11. clare
    6 February, 2011 at 8:54 am (3 years ago)

oh sweet potato oat bran, yum! but 2 tbsp oat bran? times that by…18 maybe and you got a good bowl there.

;)

lots of love maggie! i hit yoga and shopping yesterday and today a gospel concert with the fam.

12. Kath (Eating for Living)
    6 February, 2011 at 10:48 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for the OCD article, it really gave me to think!

I’ve just cleared out my wardrobe and now I’m going to get all the stuff to the donor of clothes. Yay for freeing activities! ;)

I hope you have a happy weekend!

13. caronae
    6 February, 2011 at 4:56 pm (3 years ago)

Those bon bons look pretyt tasty .:)

Second: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. My site looks beautiful. I was so worried about it for the last month (despite having several programming/comp sci friends, no one seemed to want to do it/know how to do it), and you have saved me and my blog from eternal death. You are a hero Maggie!

xoxo Caronae