My tum has been troubling me as of late and I needed something simple to calm it down and, er… get things moving. Miso soup it was! I used to have miso soup every morning when I was more macrobiotic and I think it’s time I started up that habit again.
Purple Cleansing Simple Miso Soup
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage (red/purple)
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely sliced
- 3ish tablespoons dried wakame
- 3ish tablespoons miso (red)
- 4ish cups water
- Toss everything in a pot. Bring the water to a boil. Mix a few times, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat, allowing the veggies to fully cook through.
- Enjoy for breakfast or anytime really
Looks gross but it really is delicious (this is the broth).
The last time I made a cleansing veggie soup was almost 2 years ago!
If you ever wanted to hear more about my macrobiotic trials…
Just one more day to get through and then it’s the weekend. Do you have any plans?
My plans are up in the air; Valentine’s day is Monday but maybe we will celebrate early. I think it also might be time for me to do some shopping. I am sorely lacking in style as of late.
P.S. Please check out Clare’s post on chair pose about me!