Food and Recipe Links
- Carrots, Linguini, Orange, and Raisin salad. I really like SaladPride’s blog. (And plus, he’s Italian! I took 6 semesters of Italian in college and for my graduation present to myself, Bobby and I went to Italy – Venezia – for 2 weeks.)
- Squash, Lentil, Chickpea, Carrot Stew. I seem to be linking to The Dainty Pig every week. I haven’t yet tried the other recipes I’ve linked to, but I really will soon. I have been a cooking slacker lately. She also made Kabocha Cake in the rice cooker that I MUST TRY.
- Detox Salad from Jennifer Galardi. She is one of my most favorite workout instructors (videos, not real life – I’ve never been to a real live class of hers). I just recently found out that she has a blog (not updated a lot) and it has some yummy healthy recipes.
- Asian Cauliflower Fried Rice. Need I say more?! I found this recipe when I was browsing various paleo blogs. (No, I’m not going paleo.) I also liked this Roasted Curried Cauliflower recipe, also from Nom Nom Paleo.
- Protein Ice Cream! From more of my paleo/low-carb browsing. (No, I’m not going low carb.)
- Coco’s single-serving chocolate cake.
- 6 Surprisingly Effective Treatments for Depression. Cool graph of depression treatments – the x-axis is popularity and the y-axis is effectiveness.
- Out of Control: A True Story of Binge Eating. Good article in the NYTimes from early 2007.
- The Oil Cleansing Method. This is an interesting skin-care method that I just found out about. I haven’t tried it yet but I was wondering if any of you had? My skin has actually been fabulous lately because I haven’t been eating much/any sugar. But I’m still curious about this oil cleansing thing.
- Complete Notes to Good Calories, Bad Calories. Missed my post last week? Go read that, and then read this summary of Gary Taubes’ book. It’s an interesting point of view, and while I don’t fully agree with him, I do agree that current medical research is not really focusing on what is important in the battle against obesity. Yes, I did just say battle, Jillian.