Health, Food, and Recipes
- Low Carb, Low Sugar Pumpkin Loaf Bread.
- How to Make Oatmeal… Wrong. McDonald’s attempt is pitiful.
- Article on Mindless Eating featuring Cornell professor Brian Wansink.
- AMAZING (short) video of a performance of Swan Lake by the Chinese circus. Via my old yoga teacher.
- When you’re old would you rather look back and say “I had tons of fun in my 20′s; time to pay for it now” or “I’m glad that I worked hard back then; pass me another dodo egg Jeeves”?
- Where Have the Good Men Gone? An explanation for the surfeit of immature male 20-somethings. Good think I found an amazing man and snapped him up. “Kay S. Hymowitz argues that too many men in their 20s are living in a new kind of extended adolescence.”
- A Healthy Diet for the Mind (link via Bobby). Cool article that relates reading with eating – you are what you eat, and you also are what you read. There are a lot of “junk food” ideas out there. Be mindful of what you’re feeding your brain. He makes a point of not confusing the medium with nutritional value (i.e., there are some good Twitter feeds, there are some good blogs – you shouldn’t rule out a whole medium just because 90% of that medium is junk).
Salad Girl Updates
- I have been incredibly busy with work and friends and life that I have had absolutely no time to blog. I’m okay with it. I am enjoying the sporadic posting. Maybe someday I will be able to have a more frequent posting schedule again.
- Two things that are keeping me busy – choir practice and a ceramics class that Bobby got for me.
- I ordered 2 large wardrobes from Ikea and they came today. One was broken (sad) but Ikea will replace it (they better) and the other one is awesome.
- I am contemplating a challenge that would involve no clothes shopping (aside from thifting) for a long time. Having the new wardrobes has made me realize how many clothes I have, how many clothes I don’t need, and how much money I probably waste on clothes that I never wear.
- Can’t decide if shoes will be a part of that challenge… I finally got the pair of Danskos I have been eyeing for months now. So comfy and cute.