Do you remember this “Indian rice” recipe I made a few months ago? I almost forgot about it until this week. Then I made a variation of it and now I’m obsessed again. It is just so good. Eating rice (spiced rice!) just makes me happy.
Here is my new variation, and the new ways I’ve been enjoying it:
Obsession-Inducing Spiced Rice
- 1 cup rice of choice (this week: brown basmati (1x) and short grain white (1x))
- water (1:1 ratio for white rice; 2 cups water to 1 cup rice for brown)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of ghee (butter works too) (or if you are vegan use peanut/sesame oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2+ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2+ teaspoon dill
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Soak raisins in hot water until plump. Chop in small pieces.
- Put all ingredients in rice cooker, mix, press start.