Do you remember this “Indian rice” recipe I made a few months ago? I almost forgot about it until this week. Then I made a variation of it and now I’m obsessed again. It is just so good. Eating rice (spiced rice!) just makes me happy.
Here is my new variation, and the new ways I’ve been enjoying it:
Obsession-Inducing Spiced Rice
- 1 cup rice of choice (this week: brown basmati (1x) and short grain white (1x))
- water (1:1 ratio for white rice; 2 cups water to 1 cup rice for brown)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of ghee (butter works too) (or if you are vegan use peanut/sesame oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2+ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2+ teaspoon dill
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Soak raisins in hot water until plump. Chop in small pieces.
- Put all ingredients in rice cooker, mix, press start.
- (Alternately, you can cook rice on the stove, the normal way…)
- Serve with peanut butter.
- Or serve with yogurt.
- Or however else you choose.
My dessert one night: peanut buttery brown basmati rice concoction (just basmati obsession-rice + heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter):
And a breakfast of: yogurty short-grain white rice mix (obsession-inducing white rice + 2% greek yogurt + NuNaturals cocoa bean extract) (enter my NuNaturals giveaway here):
The rice comes out nice and chewy and flavorful. I will definitely keep making it!
Don’t forget about my NuNaturals giveaway! It ends Saturday.
White obsession-rice over a mystery salad… can you guess what’s in that lunch bowl of yum?