I adore bacon, as you all probably know. It is the one thing that always prevents me from sticking to my vegetarian guns. My favorite salad includes bacon (but of course). There is a cafe near my apartment that has an unlimited salad deal (as many toppings as you want for $7.99) and I got it for lunch today. (The place is Cafe Metro.) (Next to the salad is my homemade diet soda that I’m obsessed with.)
There’s also one of these cafes a few blocks from my office, so when I don’t bring my lunch I usually get this salad.
- Base: romaine
- 3 premium toppings: bacon, whole egg, tuna (usually I get avocado instead of tuna but they were out)
- Other toppings (unlimited): extra broccoli, beets, cucumber, tomato, mushroom, roasted red pepper (I may be forgetting some…)
- Dressing: low-fat chipotle ranch (I don’t think this is actually low fat in any way. But it IS delicious.)
- Preparation: CHOPPED
Yum. A great lunch for a lazy Saturday. Bobby got a sandwich from Macaron – the “Paris” – ham de “Paris”, gruyere cheese, light homemade mayonnaise, cornichon (French pickle), lettuce. Which is quite fitting because…
We are going to Paris next month! Our friend is getting married in France and we decided to go and turn it into a vacation. So excited. I have to break out Rosetta Stone and brush up on my French. Here are some useful phrases:
- Une table pour deux près de la fenêtre s’il vous plaît.
- Il voudrias une soupe à l’oignon mais moi, je préfère une salade avant le repas.
- Connaissez-vous un café où nous pouvons prendre une glace et une tasse de thé?
- Ce champagne me fait tourner la tête.
- Pourquoi ne pas rester une semaine de plus?
- Je voudrais de bacon s’il vous plaît.