Coveting Things

covet |ˈkəvət|

verb ( coveted , coveting ) [ trans. ]

yearn to possess or have (something) : the president-elect covets time for exercise and fishing | [as adj. ] ( coveted) he won the coveted Booker Prize for fiction.

– Apple Dictionary.

Is it bad that I want these abs?

abs Coveting Things

Any guesses as to whose abs they are? I’ll give you a hint… I used to have a girl-crush on her. icon smile Coveting Things

To get those abs (I’m a lady of action, after all!) I am:

• Doing daily crunches (maybe I’ll do a video of my 5-minute routine this week)
  • (trying to do) 30 minutes of actual working out each day (via ExerciseTV and Netflix – click for my recs). I love walking but it’s not great for getting cut.
  • (trying to) eat cleanly. I eat cleanly most of the time, but last week and the week before I was going a little nuts on the sugar. My skin let me know. It freaks out when I have an abundance of sweets so it’s very obvious when it’s time to cut back.

I also covet this bedroom. Oh my, how I wish I had this bedroom!

19281388 qi2R0gg3 c Coveting Things

Source: picasaweb.google.com via Maggie on Pinterest

(Psst – have you joined Pinterest yet?)

And I also covet seaweed. Luckily I can and do have it all the time.

hijiki salad Coveting Things

Hijiki Salad (an attempt at Delica’s recipe). This salad includes edamame, hijiki, lotus root, konnyaku, carrot, mixed greens, and more…

I do not covet my neighbor’s wife. Or my neighbor’s anything, for that matter! I don’t really know my neighbors even though I live in such close proximity to them.

What are you coveting these days?

10 Comments on Coveting Things

1. Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood
    17 May, 2011 at 12:55 pm (3 years ago)

Hmmm, what I am coveting… Ah yes, I covet those abs too. I mean, come ON, who wouldn’t?! ;)

What else am I coveting? Hmmm, a steady-paying job where I am my own boss/manager and I can spend my entire first paycheck at Whole Paychecks and Trader Joe’s! Looking forward to that day ;)

And also coveting oat bran at the moment… or just craving it lol. :-D

• Maggie
      17 May, 2011 at 2:33 pm (3 years ago)

@Sylvia: I want that job too!

2. tea-bag
    17 May, 2011 at 4:16 pm (3 years ago)

i’m coveting my warm weather! i’ve got the travel bug again & i yearn for a plane ticket to somewhere warm! it’s may – why is it cold and dreary? i’m also covetinng your seaweed salad. i ran out of seaweed & i need to get some more! :)

3. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    17 May, 2011 at 4:31 pm (3 years ago)

These days, I covet many many participants for my study … enough so I can sleep again. :)

4. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    17 May, 2011 at 4:32 pm (3 years ago)

Oh, and I loved that you started this post with linguistics! I know how much you love that. :) (Me too, btw, I always want to know where a word or something else comes from.)

• Maggie
      21 May, 2011 at 9:50 am (3 years ago)

@Kath: I actually have a (rarely updated) linguistics blog! I’m hoping to start writing in it again soon but.. I’ve been saying that for a while and haven’t found the time ;) http://www.aloveofwords.com/

• Kath (My Funny Little Life)
        21 May, 2011 at 10:01 am (3 years ago)

I’ve already your linguistic blog a while ago! I’m looking forward to updates! :)

5. Krista
    18 May, 2011 at 1:46 pm (3 years ago)

I covet those abs, too but I fear that after having kids my belly is forever stretched!!!

• Maggie
      21 May, 2011 at 9:51 am (3 years ago)

@krista: that is one thing I fear about having kids! just kidding… i’m sure that having kids is worth giving up six pack abs for anytime. and having kids can give you great arms if you carry them around :P

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Coveting Things