Weekend Link Love – 05.30.2011

Confession of the night: I am sitting here eating some peanut butter for dessert because I am too lazy to go out and buy more chocolate. (There are only a few tablespoons left in the jar so I won’t accidentally eat too much.) As a kid I loooooved spoonfuls of peanut butter. It had to be Jiffy of course (at my Grandma’s) – my mom didn’t buy sweetened peanut butter. I used to think “natural” peanut butter tasted like ass. I like it okay now though.

Here are your links icon biggrin Weekend Link Love   05.30.2011

Weekend Link Love

(Inspired by MDA)

So… how was your Memorial Day weekend?

Mine was great. (I am done with my peanut butter now.) I actually was in Jersey (from Saturday early morning to this – Monday – afternoon) because Bobby was off at a music festival (Sasquatch) and I didn’t want to be lonely. Which is why I got to do yoga with my friend and why I was so busy that I had no time for blogging. I love New York but I also love being in the country. It’s really nice to smell things that don’t smell like garbage. Like trees! And the Delaware River! And fresh air! I even brought back my softball glove because I’m going to play on a rec team (affiliated with my college) this summer. I’m excited for that. I played softball for several years back in high school and middle school. Anyway it was a great weekend. Right now I miss my cats though (and Bobby still) icon sad Weekend Link Love   05.30.2011 Because we’re going on a trip (thank you thank you for your recommendations by the way), my mom is watching them for the next 2 weeks so I am all by my lonesome. To be honest I actually can’t remember the last time I had a night alone (no cats + no Bobby). This is what happens:

17 organizing tea 500x332 Weekend Link Love   05.30.2011

Organizing! (Tea, in this case.)

Do you have a lot of completely alone time? Do you have any? What do you do?

7 Comments on Weekend Link Love – 05.30.2011

30 May, 2011 at 10:44 pm (3 years ago)

I enjoy a lot of alone time, usually during the week. although I enjoy Star company a lot, I still enjoy alone time. is that bad? what do I do? nothing special that I wouldn’t do when Star is. I guess it’s a mental thing, have the freedom to do whatever I want wheneveri want even though I don’t feel any restriction otherwise. ok, this is confusing, I’d better stop here,
    have a great evening Maggie!

• Maggie
      31 May, 2011 at 10:27 am (3 years ago)

@coco: I really enjoyed my alone time! I kind of wish I had more actually – like in Sex & the City :) I think we talked about this before actually.

2. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    31 May, 2011 at 9:03 am (3 years ago)

I love organizing – it’s something I really should do more often as I find it so therapeutic!

I’m tempted to cut all my hair off too maggie. Ugh, It’s driving me nuts, but whenever I cut it short, I end up regretting it b/c it turns into a major frizz bomb. The length helps weigh down the curl/craziness, but I’m going to check out the haircut link anyway.

I have to admit, I love tempeh bacon, but there is nothing like REAL bacon from a pig. ;)

3. Heather Eats Almond Butter
    31 May, 2011 at 9:05 am (3 years ago)

OK, loved that girls hair, and it’s a good length – reminds of Zooey Deschanel who I LOVE. Might try something like that but lighter on the bangs. :)

• Maggie
      31 May, 2011 at 10:28 am (3 years ago)

@Heather: I think I’m gonna cut mine. Mine isn’t long enough to get that girl’s haircut but I may try a shorter variation! I’m glad you liked it!

4. Nicole, RD
    31 May, 2011 at 11:00 am (3 years ago)

New to your blog! I found a link through Biz’s 101 Days of Summer Challenge :)

I can’t remember the last time I was alone a night without my hubby and pup…I don’t know that it’s ever happened, actually. I think I would probably workout, blog, and cook…the usual :)

5. Kath (My Funny Little Life)
    31 May, 2011 at 9:19 pm (3 years ago)

Aww, looking forward to checking these links out, especially the one about Zen meditation! :D

I must admit that I’m quite dependent on alone time, and need more than other people to feel well. During that time, I usually just do my things – work/read/write, play the piano, blog, go for a walk, do housework, stock up on groceries … Pretty normal, I think. But I need this time for myself. (This was also what I’ve done last weekend. :) )