Confession of the night: I am sitting here eating some peanut butter for dessert because I am too lazy to go out and buy more chocolate. (There are only a few tablespoons left in the jar so I won’t accidentally eat too much.) As a kid I loooooved spoonfuls of peanut butter. It had to be Jiffy of course (at my Grandma’s) – my mom didn’t buy sweetened peanut butter. I used to think “natural” peanut butter tasted like ass. I like it okay now though.
Here are your links …
Weekend Link Love
(Inspired by MDA)
- What do you think about vegan bacon? Yeah. That’s how I feel.
- How to get rid of all those annoying nose blackheads (I haven’t tried this yet but it looks like it will work)
- Virtual walking tours of Manhattan streets (my coworker showed me this)
- Life Hacks (in hope of making your day just a little better/easier) (I like work tip #1 – haha, just kidding. The “free stuff” hacks are all good ideas.)
- Decluttering as Zen Meditation. I adore decluttering. As my dad would say, “it’s cheap therapy.”
- Love this outfit. And the haircut! I am so so tempted to chop all mine off. I’m trying to grow it out but it’s getting so annoying How do you stay motivated to grow long hair? And to do something with it each day instead of pulling it into a ponytail?
- Warm Spinach & Sweet Potato Salad (paleo)
So… how was your Memorial Day weekend?
Mine was great. (I am done with my peanut butter now.) I actually was in Jersey (from Saturday early morning to this – Monday – afternoon) because Bobby was off at a music festival (Sasquatch) and I didn’t want to be lonely. Which is why I got to do yoga with my friend and why I was so busy that I had no time for blogging. I love New York but I also love being in the country. It’s really nice to smell things that don’t smell like garbage. Like trees! And the Delaware River! And fresh air! I even brought back my softball glove because I’m going to play on a rec team (affiliated with my college) this summer. I’m excited for that. I played softball for several years back in high school and middle school. Anyway it was a great weekend. Right now I miss my cats though (and Bobby still) Because we’re going on a trip (thank you thank you for your recommendations by the way), my mom is watching them for the next 2 weeks so I am all by my lonesome. To be honest I actually can’t remember the last time I had a night alone (no cats + no Bobby). This is what happens:
Organizing! (Tea, in this case.)